bpv HELP

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

davidson 5139
First Gear

bpv HELP

Post by davidson 5139 »

I just bought a 07 WRX intercooler complete with the Y pipe and the wrx stock bpv. Could i just use the wrx bpv or are they junk. I keep getting mixed opiniions that the WRX Bpv is not for the T-leg. Thank you for your help. For more info, mine is a 91 SS auto that isn't really modded yet. In case that matters
91 5 speed SS. Greddy 3" Catless exhaust, Boost controller, TDO4, Intake, Equal Length Headers, TMIC, Wesico pistons, scat rods, Old School Wheels, Greddy Catch can
mcbrat
First Gear

Post by mcbrat »

I thought it had more to do with where it mounts, and hitting the intake runner when installed...
03 Baja Sport
09 Forester XT Ltd.
82 Brat - Toyota Solid Axles and 36's
davidson 5139
First Gear

Post by davidson 5139 »

Hey i really apprecaiate the advice. i sill see if i can make that work. i havent installed it yet. i just got a really good deal on my intercooler. would you know how much horsepower this intercooler might add? Its kinda a dumb question but im just curious. thanks
91 5 speed SS. Greddy 3" Catless exhaust, Boost controller, TDO4, Intake, Equal Length Headers, TMIC, Wesico pistons, scat rods, Old School Wheels, Greddy Catch can
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

If you study our set up the WRX blowoff valve would sit right where our throttle cable are so it's a very bad place - we typically don't use them with our cars - wish we could. We use the stock recirc valve that's on the car now and pumb a hose to it from the bov gasket. Lots of different ways to do it...
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
davidson 5139
First Gear

Post by davidson 5139 »

Hey guys thanks for helping me out.