Intercooler Kits...

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

drewriviera
First Gear

Intercooler Kits...

Post by drewriviera »

I was wondering if anyone on here had actually thought about making an install kit for the several different intercoolers for 90-94 Legacies? I am not very up on how to fab this stuff up much less weld, and would like to put a earlier model WRX intercooler on mine. Basically I'm looking for someone to sell me one as a kit with all the fittings and the intercooler since I don't have one to start with. Any help would be appreciated.
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

The problem with that, is there are a few intercoolers people use, and when you swap turbos, the intercooler piping has to chage also.

Early WRX, 06 WRX, slanty, AW, and the Saab would all need different piping for the VF-11, but what if you went to a TD04 or like turbo? Then you would have to re-do the piping as the inlet is different.

That is why there is no "kit" for us.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
drewriviera
First Gear

Post by drewriviera »

Well, if someone were to have an intercooler and do the piping for it to fit on my stock 91, I would gladly buy it. I just can't physically do the piping. I really don't care which intercooler I put on, but I would like to have one that fits halfway decent with my hood scoop if I take the baffle out. Maybe an early WRX? Anyone out there with knowledge and and intercooler care to make me a one-off kit? Let me know.
Thanks!
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

it's really easy to do yourself...wait.
yeah it's time consuming as hell to make this stuff so you're better off just reading it up on here and gettin' it done :D
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.