Built by NWSS www.simplysubie.com

93 Ford Ranger-DD
91 Rio Red SS- RallyX Project
93 AWD Sedan- FOR SALE!

Sponsors: NWSS, Forced Performance, Surgeline, RalliTEK
stipro
Third Gear

Post by stipro »

In theory, and in a practical sense, that should work just fine. You might only need on real hot days, or for auto-x, but why not do it.
1994 ABM Sport Sedan-Not stock
1990 L series/turbo-Rally project
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

It'll work the same as an I/C spray kit works on an A/A IC.

However, you have a problem. The water must circulate through the radiator and then into the IC. So let's say you're on max boost for 5 seconds or so. During that time you're spraying water/meth. It'll probably take 5-10 seconds for the water to get to the IC core. Then it'll take some time to bring the IC core down in temp. Realistically....it's not that effective unless it's running all the time.

AWIC setups may be great to reduce heat soak, but changing the system temps rapidly doesn't work.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

You could just run a 2 pump washer bottle, and then you wouldn't have to have a separate tank! = stealth

8)
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
Boostedballs
First Gear

Post by Boostedballs »

I would skip the spray part. You can use a small motorcycle radiator that has a fan built in. Only use the fan when you are going to be on the power for a while or small tracks. The water in the intercooler will not warm up if you are doing short bursts but a 1/4 mile pass will turn ice water into warm water, in my experience.

Motorcycle radiators and fans are very compact and reliable, no maintenance! Hide that sucker anywhere
Air-to-Water Intercooler, VF-39, 550 injectors, AEM FIC, stainless race header, 3" stainless exhaust, 75hp Nitrous, 150psi H2O injection, intake mods, stock: long block, 4EAT, ecm.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

I like the Impreza wagon 2 pump w-washer bottle Idea.

All you need to do is get a micro switch (WOT) from a mid 80's to early 90's Golf or Jetta (from a u-pull-it) to trigger the pump @ WOT when the system is activated (relay powered up).
I would not spray washer-fluid (or any other Meth/water mix) though I'd just spray water on the IC/Heat exchanger core.
I did this to a Ghetto turbo Sentra with a TMIC & it worked well, but the car had no w-washer when I was done...
I just hope a car with slicks does not make a pass after something like this is used on the track as it will get ugly very quickly.

Motorcycle radiators & fans do work very very well & would do an excellent job if you can fit one one the car.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD