intercooling

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Gregmckenna
First Gear

intercooling

Post by Gregmckenna »

so already FMICed my Legacy turbo.. like a year ago... sold it... deal fell through... so now Im turning it into a wicked winter beater... I sold my intercooler so now im looking into buying another.... I guess I wanna try somthing different on this trip around because I have all summer to build while i drive my delsol...

A. has anyone found a kit from ebay or what have u for a GC8 impreza or a newer legacy/impreza for FMIC that can be easily modified to fit or that is a direct fit... im mainly looking for a way to FMIC using less couplers thus less room for one to pop off an for me to get out in the cold and fix it

B. has anyone found a better way to run a TD04 compressor inlet pipe better then using a WRX intake manifold and running it under as they do it the WRX

C. when I ran a cone filter my MAF did not like it one bit... anyways around this lengthen distance between maf and filter or anything like that??

so all in all Im just looking for some new ideas to try this time around as ill have the money and the time to do it...
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: intertooling

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Gregmckenna wrote:
B. has anyone found a better way to run a TD04 compressor inlet pipe better then using a WRX intake manifold and running it under as they do it the WRX
Better have some WRX heads to go with that
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Re: intertooling

Post by asc_up »

Gregmckenna wrote: B. has anyone found a better way to run a TD04 compressor inlet pipe better then using a WRX intake manifold and running it under as they do it the WRX
I'm using a 90* silicone pipe that I bought off of e-bay for $20.00 and some T-bolt clamps to make sure it's not going to leak or pop off. It's been on there for a few months and it hasn't shown any signs of melting or leaking.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
Gregmckenna
First Gear

Post by Gregmckenna »

nice I used some hot water plumming shit when I did mine the first time but was looking for a less ghetto way of approaching this... is the TD04 like other turbos where I can rotate the housing to better conect an outlet pipe??? Hondas are so much easier :P oh wells