Intercooler Sprayer Project...

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Intercooler Sprayer Project...

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

So, i probably dont NEED this, but its going to be cool! Ive been finding some nifty toys to play with.

A friend from the USMB found these gadgets. Its a small display you wire in a temp sensor, and it just reads off the temperature. He uses it for EGT, i want to use it for Intake Temps. I would like to monitor the temp of the air leaving my intercooler, and this is a cheap and easy way to do so.

eBAY Link for Sensor & Display

Reading up on this, i found that you can also program it to alert you at a specific temperature. It will trigger an alarm, and even close a circuit when triggered :) So I am planning on wiring the relay for the sprayer pump to the alarm relay so I can program it to automaticly spray when the intake temps reach a specific degree.

I found a decent size water tank at work. Looks like it will hold a gallon or two, so I set off locating the rest of the stuff I would need to plumb in the intercooler spray. After talking to a few, it seems the most important part of the sprayer is the nozzles being used, that they must create a fine mist in order for it to work propperly.

I came across this on the bay of E :) eBAY link!. Now I just have to find a pump that will work and do all the wiring. Thinking I'll hit the junkyard this weeked and look at a few different vehicles and check out the size of their winshield washer pumps.

I'll be updating this thread as the progress continues. Ordered the nozzles yesterday and the EGT monitor today, so it will be a week or so before I have all the parts I need.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Not bad. I could maybe use that to run an electric water pump only when necessary for my vehicle It might be cool to use it to open or close radiator flappers as necessary as well, but this thing's getting more and more complicated than it needs to be.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.