TMIC BOV questions.

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

courtjesterclown
First Gear

Post by courtjesterclown »

ok, so i got my silicone intakes order in today and i went out and test fit everything before the instal.

TMIC to TB coupler works great
90 elbow from the turbo outlet (1.75 id) fits a little loose over the outlet but i think it will work.
ONly question i have is, i got an BOV adapter for the TMIC of ebay and i think it has a 3/4 inch diameter tube, but i dont think the BPV has a 3/4 inch fitting on it. can anyone confirm this? this is the only thing holding me up now.
1994 SS 4EAT Aegean Blue Metallic
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ya i just bought a radiator hose that worked for that part
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
courtjesterclown
First Gear

the adapter plate has a bigger fitting that what the BPV valve does. am i going to have to try and find a reducer for this? also anybody know what size bolts to get to secure the adapter flange to the TMIC??
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

Just to chime in - I'm running a Greddy BOV and it's been venting for about a year, hasn't been bad. I purchased a recirc. kit for it because I want it done right, but I can't plumb it up without hitting the hood.
SUBARUEHS Racing
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

courtjesterclown wrote:the adapter plate has a bigger fitting that what the BPV valve does. am i going to have to try and find a reducer for this? also anybody know what size bolts to get to secure the adapter flange to the TMIC??
dont worry, i've got this one too...

between a 3/4 and a 5/16.. whatever size that is.. is the size you need
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
courtjesterclown
First Gear

i just dont see how this is going to work. THe adapter flange is much much larger fitting that what the BPV does. it would seem to me that a intermediate hose would be way too small on one end and too big on the BPV side. Also, does everyone elses' 06-07 wrx TMIC have the sloped black pastic top to it? Top meaning the firewall side.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

click my links...

please
courtjesterclown
First Gear

i measured the fitting on the adapter flange, and its actually 1 1/4 inch o.d. i got a piece of 1 inch to fit over it so im hoping i can clamp the 1 inch over the BPV tight enough to make it work. WEll its 7 pm and im off to start the install. how far ya think i'll get before i make it back around midnight?? haha.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

shouldn't take more than an hour...

and layering hoses on the bpv / whatever is also a goo idea as long as youcreate a good seal.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

For the adapter piece, I used a 1" to 3/4" reducer.

And yes mine has the 'sloped' plastic top.

For the bolts, just take the IC into Home Depot or wherever and just go to the screw isle and find out what fits. I believe mine was an 8mm screw with a 1.50 gap. Not sure about that though.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

and to add onto that, you will need to go to napa/ a car place b/c home depot wont have this kind of screw that you need :roll:

or at least my local one didn't..
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Lol mine had TONS of different ones...
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

yo get my PM?