Cooling plate

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Cobalt
In Neutral

Cooling plate

Post by Cobalt »

Not sure if it fits here. It's a cooling question though. So I have a bone stock 91 Legacy L with an EJ22 NA. Looking for a cooling plate. Any suggestions. Will one for an Impreza fit?
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Are you talking about an oil cooler?

Cobalt
In Neutral

Post by Cobalt »

Not exactly something more like this... I'm not fluent for inserting images, here's the link.
http://www.invoauto.co.uk/images/Produc ... y1-lrg.jpg
It's the stainless steel piece on top of the radiator.[/url]
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

At the least, you'll need to drill new holes since the mounting tabs for the Legacy radiators are straight and not curved like the Imprezas. Some hammer work would probably also be in order if the shapes of the girll/radiator support beam are slightly different.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

The original first generation legacys had a cooling plate stock. Scour the junk yards. That is what the four non threaded holes on the front of the radiator are for.
Cobalt
In Neutral

Post by Cobalt »

Ok, I'll pull an OJ. Just saying hypothetically IF I can't find a junked first gen legacy with the radiator cooling plate, where could I order one or get one. Sans the local Subaru dealer. Google isn't helping much.
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

Cobalt wrote:Ok, I'll pull an OJ. Just saying hypothetically IF I can't find a junked first gen legacy with the radiator cooling plate, where could I order one or get one. Sans the local Subaru dealer. Google isn't helping much.
blackbart
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

I made one for my 91. If I was good with the pictures I would include one. It wasn't very hard. I just started by making a template out of cardboard. I did do some work on the phone to find a place to brake the aluminum down to size and then bend it when I finished all the other short cuts.

I have never seen a cooling plate on any early Legacy so finding one in a junkyard is about nil.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
subaru_styles
Third Gear

Post by subaru_styles »

bumping an old thread, anyone have the part # for the stock plate that's oh so hard to find?
1994 SS "JDM-OEM"

1997 2.5gt wagon, ricebowl, 207 swapped

1999 lifted 2.5gt wagon,"tokyo weekender"

1994 gt wagon, next build

1994 turbo wagon