AWIC recirculation value?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Tommio RS
Second Gear

AWIC recirculation value?

Post by Tommio RS »

Ok. I just got my AWIC from frozenboost.com and its fits super nice! All i have to do is push the AC line under the dog bone and it will sit flat. But my main question is, How can i reuse the stock recirculation value with this setup? Can i pump it back before the intercooler? Or can i vent it into the air? The AWIC has 3 mounting holes in it to mount it somewhere. These mounting holes has direct access to the "AIR" part of the intercooler. But they are holes the size of a pencil diameter.

Any ideas of how and where to mount the valve would be great.

Link to my photobucket:

LINK: http://s449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/Tommio_Bucket/

Thanks!
93 Legacy Turbo AT Sliver Stock, Ultra Rotty Body
93 Legacy Turbo MT Silver Rob Tune 550cc Lowered GT28 AWIC 4.11 05 Leg GT rims Mint body
95 Chevy Corvette MT ZR-1 Black X Brace Chipped
94 Legacy Turbo AT Blue Stock SOLD
06 Pontiac G6 AT Green Stock SOLD
mlitz123
First Gear

Post by mlitz123 »

well you cant vent it to the air unless the valve is beofe the MAF, so the best would to be recercing it back before the intercooler.
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

If the aluminum's thick enough around one of the holes you described, it may be possible to open it up enough to thread it for a pipe fitting, or better yet have a nipple welded on for your BPV. It's definitely best to recirc the air back to somewhere between the MAF and the turbo. You could vent to atmosphere if you like it noisy, but it might cause a momentary rich condition when it blows off.

BTW, I had been wondering how one of those AWICs would look under the hood of a Subaru...not a bad fit!
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
Tommio RS
Second Gear

Post by Tommio RS »

Yes it does fit very very nice! Its really really heavy duty aswell. I just have no idea how to plum it from the turbo? I Need like a odd U shape bend thats max 5 inches total lenght then a 90 the straight then 90 reduce to the turbo again. Its going to be a challenge. Its should be great tho! These holes are threaded so i could just screw in a brass fitting small enough to fit?
93 Legacy Turbo MT Silver Rob Tune 550cc Lowered GT28 AWIC 4.11 05 Leg GT rims Mint body
Tommio RS
Second Gear

Post by Tommio RS »

Do you guys think they make a silicone coupler that joins the intercooler to the throttle body with a hole for the res. valve. So kinda like the stock setup style.

Im going to be installing this kit real soon. Ill have all the juicy details for ya guys when she be installed. For now tho heres a nice pic of the intercooler!

Cool
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I'm not aware of one....that doesn't mean there isn't one out there, but it may be kind of difficult to find.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Skruyd
Second Gear

Post by Skruyd »

It honestly doesn't look like you will have the space to put the Recirculation valve in a stock like position. You might be able to cut your original hose and get a pipe between the spliced and still have the original hole for the recir. valve. I think that would be a little easier to do. Especially if the inlet for the intercooler is the same size as the throttle body
91 Subaru Legacy SS (Driving) 3"TBE, Vrg FCD, 440cc, HKS Safc, Vf10, ebay FMIC, Jecs
92 Toyota Corolla (fixing then selling)
06 ZZR600
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

Why don't you insert some sort of metal pipe in between the turbo outlet and intercooler inlet that'll have a bung on it for you attach your stock BPV to? Get what I'm saying?
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
Tommio RS
Second Gear

Post by Tommio RS »

Hmmm yes kinda. But what i was aswell thing i could do. The guys who make this kit sell a nice wrx style BOV flange and pipe!

Links: http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php?cP ... f6a41cd559

Well acctually looking harder with this site i may have found my problem! Still it my help some one else?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Silicone t pipe.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

The thing I'm suggesting is something like the T-pipe from the website you posted.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
Tommio RS
Second Gear

Post by Tommio RS »

I probably very easily could use the stock valve with a silicone T-pipe. It looks like it could be 1 in for the proper holes.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

If you can get it to almost-but-not-quite work, you might be able to get a little more room by trimming the throttle body and/or intercooler a little.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212