Got pics of scoop air duct?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Got pics of scoop air duct?

Post by kimokalihi »

I was thinking it would probably be beneficial to try to force all the air coming into my WRX scoop straight into and through my intercooler. I once saw a picture of someone who had taken some sort of foam and cut it into a duct that was either attatched to the intercooler or the hood and made sure none of the air went around the intercooler but had to go through it.

Anybody got one of these on there car? Does it work? Do you have pictures I could see or suggestions on what to use?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

That's been done for decades—get some weather stripping material and run it along the sides. The hood might be easier as you can get the rubber weather stripping that slides tight to the edge of sheet metal.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Cool, I wasn't sure how close the hood sits to the intercooler since my engine isn't in yet. Where do you get the weather stripping from?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Auto parts stores sometimes carry it, but even a junk yard car would probably have a strip that would work well if you want the rubber. Simple foam stuff you could get at any hardware store. You have to figure out what kind to use on your own. It compresses, so you won't need much room for clearance (though you probably don't want it pressing too hard on the intercooler). The problem's more likely to be too much clearance, but you can always have a piece on the hood and the intercooler.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

I put the duct from a WRX that came with my scoop on,fits mint with some modifying.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455