Turbo charge pipe / intercooler options (EJ20G, '91 Legacy)

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

grayhatter
In Neutral

Turbo charge pipe / intercooler options (EJ20G, '91 Legacy)

Post by grayhatter »

First, let me start by saying i'm new to turbo's.

I ruptured the charge pipe on my EJ20G (engine is in a 1991 Legacy). The accordion section burst before going into the intercooler and there's another pipe coming off it (which I'm not sure of it's purpose) that's loose.

I almost scored an AVO replacement, http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=1829048, but someone bought it before I could.

My question is, what are my options and are there any recommendations for a shop or help?

At this point, I've already missed Wild Wild West, but at least need to get a working solution in place for Mt. Hood Rally. Hopefully on the cheaper side as I still need tires and a new rally computer.

Do I go with a FMIC option? (And who locally can do this?)
Does anyone have the replacement part?

Finally, are there any other options or solutions? I tried searching but most of the results are still a little greek to me.
James

'91 Legacy (ej20G
'04 BMW 330 ZHP
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

You might check out the line of Samco hoses. They may have one to replace the stock hoses on your engine.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

maybe you could repair/mod that one by epoxying a ring of metal tube inside it so its strong enough to put clamps on, then get a silicon coupler and cut out the accordion section. maybe a little ghetto but it might work.

can you weld? if so I'd say make a new one out of metal. some 1/8 plate for the flange, a couple reducers, and a mandrel U bend would probably work. If its a rally car you might want to get a welder.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped