02' WRX intercooler

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

jdmellor28
First Gear

Post by jdmellor28 »

oh i see , i drive my car on the street . i didnt know you liked to play in the dirt ! thats sweet though !
i have to keep up with my friends and beat up their DSMs and Hondas ! hahaha
jdm jeffrey
photos : http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/jeffreydm28/legacy/
92legacyss
First Gear

Post by 92legacyss »

Man i really hope you can beat pretty much any honda with stock. I have taken a BMW M3 through the country on tar with bald tires, but the DSM is a different story i guess if your friends are in a conquest or starion thats a pretty nice ride.
92 ss 5MT..TD04, 02' Wrx TMIC, XS power Atmos. BOV and Gripforce stage 2 w/ WRX OEM Flywheel, Equal length headder and catless uppipe. Open DP and soon tobe CBE, WRX struts and springs, MBC
jdmellor28
First Gear

Post by jdmellor28 »

ya hondas are easy and no my friends have second gen eclipse AWD turbo and eclipse FWD turbo .
other cars i have ran down include V8 transam ,and a new infinity on the highway !

my boss wants to run me in his supercharged v6 buick ... it has like 240hp .. i think i can take him but im not ready to put money on it yet :-D
jdm jeffrey
92legacyss
First Gear

Post by 92legacyss »

you can def. take him i would put money if you are running like 10 or more PSI
92 ss 5MT..TD04, 02' Wrx TMIC, XS power Atmos. BOV and Gripforce stage 2 w/ WRX OEM Flywheel, Equal length headder and catless uppipe. Open DP and soon tobe CBE, WRX struts and springs, MBC
92legacyss
First Gear

Post by 92legacyss »

and you got AWD i dont think he can drop it at 5500 and still have a good launch
jdmellor28
First Gear

Post by jdmellor28 »

haha im feelin good , i beat up a bmw and an srt 4 neon last night with 3 people in my legacy ... my boss might be loosing some money soon ! :lol:
jdm jeffrey
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

jdmellor28 wrote:WTF ???? you have the intercooler ! crank it up ! its sooooo much fun ! :twisted:
-FYI fuel cut is at 15psi ...
and ya i must have a problem some place cuz it builds up and bleeds off .. gurrrrrr :x
Just so you know, fuel cut on a stock SS occurs when 13+ PSI is held for more than 3 consecutive seconds.

Also, it definitely sounds like you have an air leak. Check all of your IC hoses. And like you said, I'd also suspect your e-bay BOV.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
jdmellor28
First Gear

Post by jdmellor28 »

ah thanks .. i didnt know that about the fuel cut ... very helpful !
jdm jeffrey
92legacyss
First Gear

Post by 92legacyss »

So i just received my silicone y-pipe and ne intercooler gaskets i hope that this will resolve my boost leak, ;-)
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

asc_up wrote:
jdmellor28 wrote:WTF ???? you have the intercooler ! crank it up ! its sooooo much fun ! :twisted:
-FYI fuel cut is at 15psi ...
and ya i must have a problem some place cuz it builds up and bleeds off .. gurrrrrr :x
Just so you know, fuel cut on a stock SS occurs when 13+ PSI is held for more than 3 consecutive seconds.

Also, it definitely sounds like you have an air leak. Check all of your IC hoses. And like you said, I'd also suspect your e-bay BOV.
you ruined a newbie thread mr 2397 poster :lol:
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
jdmellor28
First Gear

Post by jdmellor28 »

still running my ebay BOV but i have made some improvements and discoveries .
i took the BOV apart .. found some shims to fit in it , added the shims .. BOV now holds a little more boost . The spring in the ebay BOV is not strong at all !

as for my discoveries .. My clutch can not hold any more than 10psi so im gona upgrade in the spring/ summer .

so for now my intercooler and bov are working great ! im at stock boost .. with some boost creep on the colder nights . ( up to about 10 psi )

im looking forward to upgrading in the spring. but for now im loving the turbo AWD in the snow !
jdm jeffrey