Finally got my TMIC on!!

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Finally got my TMIC on!!

Post by Mattheww044 »

Wow, so stoked its finally on. Its quite the PITA if youve never done anything like that. Still waiting to get the TD04 and all the gaskets and valve cover gaskets for that swap though. The only problem right now is the oil outlet pipe is leaking pretty bad.... something that will be taken care of when I swap the turbo. Lots of trial and error, and trips to the auto/hardware stores, but its on!
I ended up using the WRX coolant tank in the stock location, Its not SECURELY mounted, but its not going anywhere, I will work on getting a bracket or something asap.

The only question/concern I have is, I ended up using the stock BPV, with all of the necessary adapters and tubing to get it back into the intake. Anyways the concern is, my BPV almost sounds like a SSQV now. It sounds cool, but I am not quite sure why it sounds like that and/or if its a bad sign, or if its just doing that because of the way its set up now.

Anyways Ill get some pics up and I am more than willing to help anyone out as much as possible to get theirs on!
Perkul8r
First Gear

Post by Perkul8r »

Pics would be great, I am gonna try and get this done on my Leggy with the TMIC i got from you. Hopefully it aint to hard.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

well, mine is the 06/07 so its a little smaller. There are several people who have done the 02 style IC as well. I think that IC was on the WRX from 02-05. Its quite the project getting it on, but its well worth it if you want to put much more power to your car. I plan on going FMIC eventually, but this will have to do for now.
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Perkul8r
First Gear

Post by Perkul8r »

Well, i have never been the one to take the easy route. So i am up for a challenge. lol. And yes i am currently building a turbo motor for my 98L. So thanks again.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

nice haha, that will be quite the sleeper. Yea Its just a little bit bigger, some people have had to resort to hammering in the firewall, but it has also been done several times without resorting to that. Not sure how that will work out in the bay of a 98 though, best of luck on your build!
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

anyone know why the BPV now has the "ssqv sound"? same BPV, just makes a totally diff noise
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Where's these pics at?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Sorry I'm working on them. Trying to find an alternative photo hosting site. I just found something out though. One of the hose clamps dug itself into the coolant line coolant line. I'm in the process of stopping every couple of miles so it doesn't overheat and keeping an eye on coolant levels. When I get home I'll replace the line and rotate that clamp
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Use picassa.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Ive got some pics!!!
Last edited by SubiePrice88 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Jordan

"Nothing Stings Like a Subee"

1992 Legacy SS, 5MT, 140k, some mods ;)
1993 Legacy Wagon, 5MT, 220k!
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

SubiePrice88 wrote:Ive got some pics!!!
Not quite, but unfortunately I'm no help as to why! :wink:
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Well I tried. I usually use photobucket and thats always worked for me but Im using Picasa as Im afraid of the photobucket virus (got a new comp)

kimo -you have any idea why the pics wont work? I copied pasted the embeded link thingy from Picasa but the pic doesnt work
-Jordan

kbeefy
First Gear

Post by kbeefy »

almost good enough.... I'll help.

'92 Legacy SS, AGX, GC coilover, ALK, 20mm ARSB, FCD, MBC, iceracer, rallyx and DD
'87 Mustang GT roadracer, to many mods to list
kbeefy
First Gear

Post by kbeefy »

SubiePrice88 wrote:
kimo -you have any idea why the pics wont work? I copied pasted the embeded link thingy from Picasa but the pic doesnt work

I don't know how to use the embedded link, but if you copy just the image address (link on picassa's page) then put it here inside [img]and[/img] it will post like my post above.
'92 Legacy SS, AGX, GC coilover, ALK, 20mm ARSB, FCD, MBC, iceracer, rallyx and DD
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

oooooh tricky!!

Thanks man!

Im use to photobucklet
-Jordan

kbeefy
First Gear

Post by kbeefy »

no worries
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

SubiePrice88 wrote:Well I tried. I usually use photobucket and thats always worked for me but Im using Picasa as Im afraid of the photobucket virus (got a new comp)

Looks like somebody got it figured out. Looks good! It also looks like you have the same aluminum adapter for the recirculation hole on the intercooler as I do. Which means it'll hopefully clear my hood but then this engine is taller than the stock one I think, especially with the intake manifold spacers.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

I don't think that the adapter plate will cause any issues, its whatever jimmy-rigged contraption you use to reduce down to the intake piece and the hoses that go with it, that MIGHT hit. Mines pretty close. How much taller is it?
SubiePrice88
Third Gear

Post by SubiePrice88 »

Anyone know why the BPV would change sound?

It sounds sweet!! But Its been bugging me as to why and Im sure Matt wants to know as well
-Jordan

Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

yea i asked like 3 times but no response so I gave up lol. I think I might run atmosphere for a couple days and see how that sounds/runs
yazmo
Third Gear

Post by yazmo »

Hi gj on the install, i am currently looking for the missing part and a how to

here what i have.

07 TMIC from wrx
440 CC JDM injector - Looking the the spacer and other ring i need.
Jesc Maf on the desk waiting to be install too, like when i get the revtronix chip.

i have few question and i am sorry if its hard for you to understand them : )

Like i have see few other tread a lot of ppl are looking the the wrx coolant tank.

what else i need to get all install
Y-Pipe fron what year and model is the best.

btw i have read that is normal the your valve is doing this sound
but dunno if its good in a long way

also looking the a good td04 with gasket to if you got the part number of those need and spacer and ring for injector feel free.

im waiting for spring to install this so i am gettering the remaining parts.

if i forgot something let me know.

right now i am using mbc with the stock maf, i turn it too high and hit fuel cut few time, after that i found out the i had 3 hole in the mid pipe, i guess i was too high? to i need to reset the ecu?

anyway i dont know much about the install i guess ill read on and found out with your help

i am also currently thinking of installing my jdm fog light
i got the schemas and wire need the relay and some bracket
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

im kinda confused on some of your questions...
I am not exactly sure which y-pipe you need, I bought it all ready to go, but I did have to extend one of the pipes. There are several how-to's for the Y-pipe and such but I saw one already put together and jumped on it. Our stock tank is too fragile, so I just used the WRX one.
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

The installation guide I wrote, http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=38598, pretty much covers most of ya'll questions :P

I'm still using the stock coolant tank too, just rotated 90* in its same spot.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

ya, i was planning on doing that, then SNAP!! haha... metal it is... :P
yazmo
Third Gear

Post by yazmo »

thx you for your help