Hose questions (BPV)

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

JDMDave
In Neutral

Hose questions (BPV)

Post by JDMDave »

So I have basically the equivalent of an EJ22T FMIC setup (CX Racing GC8 FMIC, Evo 9 BPV, EJ22t Inlet)

I need to figure out a way to connect the BPV to the 90 degree inlet hoses BPV hole. What kind of solution do you guys use? Is there a Brass fitting that I can use? I'm looking for one that on one side can be placed into the BPV hole on the inlet and on the other side has a barbed fitting for the hose coming from the BPV. What kind of solutions have you guys thought up?
macipusy
Third Gear

Re: Hose questions (BPV)

Post by macipusy »

I am running a TMIC with a TurboXS BPV, where the BPV has a larger hose then the turbo inlet. I used pipe fittings from ACE to build a reducer from the BPV hose to the turbo inlet hose. I also used a plastic 90 elbow that I fit into the turbo inlet which aligned my hoses in a straight line.

Hope this helps a little.
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
JDMDave
In Neutral

Post by JDMDave »

Is plastic really ok? What size should I get? I'd ideally like to keep the reducers/diff hose ID's to a minimum, so something like inlet hose ->90 degree fitting-> Silicon Reducer -> dual sided nipple -> Hose straight to Bpv.

I'm also local to you. I'd be kind of interested to see your setup :)
macipusy
Third Gear

Post by macipusy »

I am using a plastic 90 elbow on the turbo inlet to a same size hose as the turbo inlet nipple...then I have 2 metal pipe fittings that create a reducer from the bigger BPV hose. I am not sure of the actual hose sizes without measuring.

I'm around all day today painting my rear bumper skirt...I'll PM you my number.
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
JDMDave
In Neutral

Post by JDMDave »

Did you just buy them @ Ace? My local one didn't have this stuff last time I looked for it. Want to go VTA? :)
JDMDave
In Neutral

Post by JDMDave »

So, would it be worth it to get a silicone reducer rather than using fittings? I believe the outlet on the Evo bpv is 1"
brweber352
First Gear

Post by brweber352 »

What I did is take a short piece of 3/4" hose and slip it inside the end of the 1" hose and BAM, a 3/4" outlet from a 1" hose. Basically the O.D. of 3/4" hose is 1", so it fits right in 1" hose. Just use a regular clamp and not the spring clamp and tighten it down good and tight, I've been doing this for awhile and it works great. Actually I can't remember if it was 3/4" or 7/8", it's whatever size hose fits the intake BOV inlet pipe. You get the idea right, just play with some different size hose until it fits.

Good luck,Brian
93'TLegWag171k StockBlock,TD05,HallmanMBC,530cc,Walbro255,shortram,LWpulley,DIS-2,MSDcoil,cxrFMIC,trans cooler/external filter,WRX wheels/brakes,CES w/Borla muffler,QTP elec cutout,REVchip2,KYB GR2,GroupN tops/all fr bushings,STImounts,GSD3 tires,LM-1,etc