Wrx Tmic questions

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Mike03Subaru
In Neutral

Wrx Tmic questions

Post by Mike03Subaru »

Hey guys new to the subarus, i just got a 1991 legacy turbo with a jdm ej20 turbo engine swap, i have just a few questions.

-I would like to get a better intercooler, at the moment i have a Saab intercooler on it, which isn't very cool at all, so i was wondering if the WRX TMIC would fit on to my engine and fit. and also any modifications it would need, and also if i get it installed ifi can just throw on a BOV from a WRX as well

-My next question, I would like to get the suby rumble from my car, i see tons of STI exhausts for sale from guys in my area, im in tacoma WA, would a STI exhaust fit, and with what modifications? i heard mid-pipe with have to be lengthened, but anything else? and also what headers would fit on my car? and will headers+the STI exhaust give me the rumble on my ej20 motor?

If anyone has photos or even vids of the sound plz send links, any advice you guys have let me know i need the knowledge, Thanks! :-D
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wrx Tmic questions

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS.

As for the intercooler, yes people installed the WRX TMIC. It requires some custom work to get it to fit. You may be better off since it has the JDM ej20 motor. I'd suggest searching in the intercooler forum for info from users that have gone with the WRX TMIC.

On the exhaust, the mid pipe needs to be lengthed, as well as the axle back, and the exhaust hanger for the muffler is slightly different. An exhaust shop should be able to handle the modifications. Don't bother with changing the headers, you don't need to.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm