Need help!!!! Before auction ends!!!!

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

speedmaxx
Second Gear

Need help!!!! Before auction ends!!!!

Post by speedmaxx »

I have a 07 wrx top mount, 05 wrx tdo4, Godspeed down pipe. I was mocking everything up for my turbo conversion and relized the y pipe on the ic is about 1-2inches to short to reach the turbo inlet.

Searching I have found I need a new y pipe.

I came across this one that seems like it would work

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06-IM ... ccessories

For what I can tell I just need to get a joiner and another coupler to extend the lower hose. So will it work?

I also came across this one that looks kind of like it would bolt up perfectly. Seems like the lower hose is longer then average.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Top-Moun ... 5493wt_948

Also what's up with the year differences? I thought 06-07 were the same ic
93 legacy l
to much to list....
speedmaxx
Second Gear

Re: Need help!!!! Before auction ends!!!!

Post by speedmaxx »

So any idea's?

So what are people buying to make there ic work?
93 legacy l
to much to list....
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

I bought a samco knockoff for mine. It was like 70-80 shipped. You need to get an extender like you say. I bought a 2" for mine, and cut the ypipe so that 90* reaches the turbo.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
speedmaxx
Second Gear

Post by speedmaxx »

Got a link? I was hoping not to drop that much on a peice of silicone lol but I'll do what I have to
93 legacy l
to much to list....
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Post by TurnNburn »

This how i ended up doing mine. There are plenty of people on here that have done this. I just kind of eyeballed it and started cutting. As someone suggested on here i got a new 90* bend since you wont be able to use the old piece that you end up cutting off. From what iv scene on here at the expense of other is that those hard y pipes, although very affordable, dont end up fitting right and will seriously restrict flow. I bought my y pipe from someone on nasioc for 20 bucks. Its made by OBX. I used some 2'' exhaust piping cut to like 3.5 inches long and a 90* elbow from siliconeintakes.com. I probably should use T-bolt clamps, but i didnt.

1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yup that's exactly how it's done. I actually covered this in my build thread somewhere and there's a perfect fitting pipe that is the perfect length also and they sell it at autozone. I even got a part number on it and took some pictures when I did mine. If you want to search through my build thread go for it but it's over 50 pages long and I've gone through it way too many times and don't feel like doing it right now lol. You can use the Samco one or a knockoff or OBX makes a cheaper version than the Samco but basically the same thing but maybe not quite as high of quality. Samco is pretty nice. I actually had a Samco one in the first place but decided I didn't want the ricey bling look of the blue hose so I sold it and bought a black OBX racing one for less than I sold the Samco one for!
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
speedmaxx
Second Gear

Post by speedmaxx »

Alright sweet thanks for the info! But I decided I would give the metal eBay y pipe a try. The auction said from 02-07 and from what I've seen for some people they are slightly off and run hump couplers. And for others there totally off. It's a toss up, if it works GREAT if not I will be ordering a silicone one.

I'll let u guys know how it works out. The seller has like 99.7% feedback and has sold a million things so he must sell decent products.
93 legacy l
to much to list....