NW (Oregon) tmic install

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

brodie.gordon
First Gear

NW (Oregon) tmic install

Post by brodie.gordon »

Hello

I am seeking someone that has done a tmic install on the 91-94 legacy turbo's. If there is someone out there that has done this install successfully, please contact me. I have been trying to install a tmic on my 91 ss for years and always run into a problems. I know there are plenty of forums out there that are extremely helpful but I am a seeking someone that has done it before and wouldn't mind lending me a hand installing one on my car. Let me know what you would want in compensation.

Parts I have a a little about the fitment:

2004 Forester xt intercooler with stock y-pipe and bpv.
car was originally an automatic but now 5-speed but with a cable clutch rather than a clutch master cylinder.
original coolant fill tank broke, so I replaced it with a wrx metal fill tank.

Thanks
1991 Legacy turbo
snailslow
In Neutral

Re: NW (Oregon) tmic install

Post by snailslow »

your gonna need a few pieces.. need a 90 from the turbo to tmic and modify the y pipe.. need a tube from the bov back to the intake. thats pretty much it.. i helped with my friends.. where in portland do u live by?
93 touring wagon
brodie.gordon
First Gear

Post by brodie.gordon »

I live in sw portland near raleigh hills. I just got a tdo04 and the guy threw in the 02-03 impreza intercooler with stock y-pipe. maybe I can swap the y-pipe over to the forester intercooler and it will match up? But yeah, I will still need an adaptor for the bpv and relocate the coolant fill tank.
1991 Legacy turbo
snailslow
In Neutral

Post by snailslow »

its easier to hook up with td04.. i moved my coolant tank to were my ac was, but you can also turn it sideways where its at now and that works
93 touring wagon
brodie.gordon
First Gear

Post by brodie.gordon »

And......success! td04 and jdm slanty installed thanks to the help of another legacy central member :) Just a side note that the install is not for the faint hearted. I found out that my turbo was probably going out anyway because there were signs of oil in the turbo. There is a big difference from a turbo that is going bad to a turbo that is not! lol. Note that the bpv should be recirculated or the maf will be upset with you. Also, I would recommend a jdm slanty intercooler for ease of install because it does not require any modification to the y-pipe, which is a single pipe rather than two. I just want to say thanks again to the legacycentral member that helped me out with this install!
1991 Legacy turbo
snailslow
In Neutral

Post by snailslow »

now u need to post pics!
93 touring wagon
brodie.gordon
First Gear

Post by brodie.gordon »

as requested from snailslow :)