02 tmic install

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

snailslow
In Neutral

02 tmic install

Post by snailslow »

well i picked this up for free and tested fitted to see what all i need to do.. fits snug! but i will get it goin soon

93 touring wagon
brodie.gordon
First Gear

Re: 02 tmic install

Post by brodie.gordon »

That is awesome! So the cooler just dropped right in, or did you shave the connection to the intake manifold on the intercooler? The lip on your firewall was not a problem?

I have an intercooler similar to yours and was thinking to try to see if it fit. My thought was that it would get more air flow since straighter than the jdm slanty and that it is larger.
1991 Legacy turbo
snailslow
In Neutral

Post by snailslow »

its a real tight fit.. the y pipe hits where the tranny mount is, so u have to either cut the top out or hit it down... i might trim the throttle body too bc that is really tight and i have no idea how a coupler is gonna go on lol i dont have one to try yet
93 touring wagon
brodie.gordon
First Gear

Post by brodie.gordon »

I am guessing you mean the dog bone/pitch stop mount? I just replace mine with a wrx dogbone :) it actually dips down a little bit and may give you the clearance you need. You have the stock y-pipe as well? Are you hooking it up to a vf-11 or td04? I was wondering myself if it was being hooked up to a td04 if it would bolt on without modifying the y-pipe since the angle of the td04 matches the y-pipe?

I love the touring wagons by the way! I had a black one that I just had to sell :( it was a sad sad day! You are in Vancouver! I am in SW Portland. If you want any help let me know. I would be happy to help.
1991 Legacy turbo
snailslow
In Neutral

Post by snailslow »

i might hook it up to the stock vf11 for now, but that turbo is dying i think from pushing it to hard lol i dont think it will fit with a td04, the elbo is pretty far off still im sure.. i might get a td04 for now, but i want to upgrade to a td05 16g later
93 touring wagon
RickySideways
In Neutral

Post by RickySideways »

I'm also in vancouver washington, and just purchased the same intercooler with a sti bypass valve it is a super tight fit, im going to purchase the a td04 and a silicone y pipe and see how it all goes together
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

When i did an 02 wrx tmic on my old 92 ss i trimmed the throttle body and pounded the firewall in to make it fit. That was with a 16g. Doubt my old thread on an easy coolant fill tank relocation mod is still around but you can press the one insert out and turn the tank sideways and remount in the same location. Rerun coolant lines. Otherwise the intercooler will put pressure on the one line and the nipple will break.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

Where can you purchase a used inter cooler like this and tdo4? Will the 02 wrx tmic fit with a vf11?
93ss 3inch tbe, Hallman mbc,06 wrx td04, tmic, bov, bugeye seatsStolen x2, sold
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
93ss 4eat, coils, stanced, wraped, flat black, stock show car