ARC Top-Mount Intercooler (TMIC)

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Light-Handed
In Neutral

ARC Top-Mount Intercooler (TMIC)

Post by Light-Handed »

Hello Everyone,

Thought I would post some info on the ARC Top-Mount Intercooler that is compatible with our cars.

The ARC TMIC was made as a direct replacement for the v1-v2 STi Slanty intercoolers. As we know these intercoolers are pretty much bolt-on for our vehicles so the ARC TMIC would bolt on as well.

These were very similar if not identical to the AVO replacement TMIC for the v1-v2 STi Slanty's although had a different charge pipe/intake pipe.

I saw on a chart that the STi v2 TMIC in the end actually allowed for more airflow against the AVO TMIC although test were never done for the ARC TMIC and people said that it performed the best of them all.

If you haven't heard of them it is because they were/are(?) worth around $1000-$2000 brand new!

Anyway I thought I would post this as when researching them on here I found no information. I wanted some way to contribute to the BBS. Thought I would get some discussion started on them.

Here are some pics of it.
ARC TMIC PIC1
ARC TMIC PIC2
White 1992 Legacy Auto Converted to 5MT ~ EJ20G, VF22, JDM AWIC, F+R Swaybars, Mines ECU (I think), STi v3 Gearbox (I think), Excedy Heavy Duty Clutch, 3" Straight Through Exhaust System. I didn't do any of this work :L
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: ARC Top-Mount Intercooler (TMIC)

Post by kimokalihi »

Interesting. $1,000+ for a TMIC is a lot of cash. Those ARC products are way overpriced. They want hundreds of dollars for a stupid airbox to replace the factory unit.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Light-Handed
In Neutral

Post by Light-Handed »

Yeah they really are expensive, I managed to get one for only $120 NZ so maybe they have devalued although I saw that someone bought one in 2009 and still cost them about $1000, considering the performance gains would probably really be minor it is not worth it. The build quality of the Intercooler is really good though.
White 1992 Legacy Auto Converted to 5MT ~ EJ20G, VF22, JDM AWIC, F+R Swaybars, Mines ECU (I think), STi v3 Gearbox (I think), Excedy Heavy Duty Clutch, 3" Straight Through Exhaust System. I didn't do any of this work :L
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Thanks for sharing the information about the TMIC.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm