Let's talk front mounts..

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

LGT Kirby
First Gear

Let's talk front mounts..

Post by LGT Kirby »

I know I know, a td04 doesn't require a front mount and essentially it isn't needed, however as I was pricing out my 06 WRX tmic and pretty silicone y pipe today, I figured why not spend the extra money and just front mount it? Looks "better", not slanted at the back of the engine, and I am already front mounted for when I want a bigger turbo.

Mods are very minimal at this point.
Going to be a td04 and possibly grey top 440s. Also I may or may not be rebuilding this small block with forged internals at this time, depends on how they look when I take the heads off in the near future.

Thoughts, ideas, opinions, insults, rants all accepted. Let me know what you think.
Also was told the generic eBay fmic set for GC/GD works perfectly. Verification appreciated.

-Kirby
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

Re: Let's talk front mounts..

Post by 91legacyawdturbo »

I know a few guys on here that have a fmic on a tdo4 and it's not to bad, a little amount is lag is usual.
I don't think it will hurt at all. The gc fmic on eBay I'm running and it's close but not an exact bolt up, I had to cut and extend a few pieces of pipe but it's not to bad mine was 205.00 shipped and I went to napa to get some reinforced high pressure hose/tube 2 1/2 inch by 3feet cost me 70.00 add a blow off flange 10.00. Or use a piece of hose that'll work with what ever your using. So roughly 285.00 for a fmic Set up that works.
If its from cxracing you will need a coupler for the throttle body as the coupler they supply
Won't fit (to small) I forget the tb size but get a piece for the tb to 2 1/2 pipe. The charge pipe from the turbo is tight in Clarence to the brake porptioner as the pipe passes next to it going out to the inner fender.
91 SS, v9 ej207 twin scroll swap, Gda wrx dash swap.
2002 wrx sport wagon
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

IMO, the biggest drawback to the FMIC's is the piping modifications and cutting that needs to happen to fit it all in. The added lag is a drawback, but I think if you size the FMIC properly, it may not be as bad.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
oldscoobyturbo
Second Gear

Post by oldscoobyturbo »

I ran a giant fmic 28" wide 3" thick on mt 04 FXT with a bov and stage 3 tuning and aps sr-30 turbo.
the lag was minimal and that turbo is ball bearing and pretty fast spooling with boost coming on just under 3k.
I'm sure it would be a bit too much for my delta cam 2.2T which is why its forsale
Silver 99 Legacy GT Wagon
White 90 BC5 RS Type RA
Black 01 Legacy Outback H6 Wagon
http://s684.beta.photobucket.com/user/d ... l/library/