EJ20K intercooler on SS?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

MConte05
Second Gear

EJ20K intercooler on SS?

Post by MConte05 »

Search is being a pain since we can't search subforums.

Anyways, does anyone know if an WRX EJ20K TMIC would fit on the Legacy without too much modification? Clearly the piping won't work, but would it fit better than the 02 WRX TMIC I had laying around? Seems I'd have to cut/grind/ghettofab that to work. Looking for something that is a bit more "clean" so that I don't have ghettorigged things on my race car.
mike-tracy

Re: EJ20K intercooler on SS?

Post by mike-tracy »

I looked over on the libertyrs forum back in the day and I guess the consensus is its too big in a 1st gen. Best bet for clean fitment and performance is the sti slanty with the factory silicone tubing.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by you can't search sub-forums? You can search each forum and search every forum under a heading by holding down the control button and selecting all those forums. Similarly, you can hold down the shift button, select the top forum in the list and then select the bottom one, and all the forums inbetween will be highlighted. The search will include all those forums in its output.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
MConte05
Second Gear

Post by MConte05 »

Ahh, hmm. Yea, if you use the actual search on the top left... just now noticed. I always just used the BIG search bar at the top for the google custom search. Usually does a fairly good job.

Good to know!

And ended up getting a free FXT intercooler. I don't care about the BPV as I'll be deleting it anyways. So any worries about the EJ20K are null, thanks for the info though!