TD04 and 06 tmic question.

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

TurboGeneration
In Neutral

TD04 and 06 tmic question.

Post by TurboGeneration »

So, im mechanically inclined, however I want to run by this install with you guys and I want to see what I'm missing before i tackle it.

TD04 straight forward, unbolt vf11, reverse order TD04 on it. just need a silicone 90 for intake yes?

06 tmic.
I have to cut the clutch reservoir down to 2" .
move the radiator fill resevoir over a little bit for some more room.
Get a 45 elbow fabricated up to reach the Y pipe off the intercooler.
The thing I believe I'm missing is what to do with the BPV...i was thinking block off plate since I'm running a atmospheric dump...and also the culprit why the car is running pig rich :(
And I need to let it breath by doing 3" turbo back exhaust unless you believe 2.5" will suffice.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: TD04 and 06 tmic question.

Post by SILINC3R »

2.5 is more than enough. We are supposed to run with recir BOV aotherwise our cars get upset. There are many posts on it. But it comes down to what you really want
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
bcmaxx
First Gear

Post by bcmaxx »

I was able to use just an elbow and cut and modify the intercooler plastic ypipe (03wrx) . as for the bpv, I made a stock one fit. modified the flange, re drilled the intercooler and piped it to the preturbo intake. works well. I run 3" invidia to tail pipe , It\s overkill , 2.5 would be plenty!
MConte05
Second Gear

Post by MConte05 »

I've been running without a BPV for a while on my rally car. Great boost response, and no negative effects so far.

http://youtu.be/Xq57INIyyKc?t=54s
TurboGeneration
In Neutral

Post by TurboGeneration »

Okay I need to look at write ups for the BPV set ups then. Pictures and etc. I might go back to drop in filter cause my CAI makes this car run rich.
so other then that I can start building.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I don't know if this applies on the TD04, but on the TD05 I had to modify the vf11 coolant hoses to accept the larger bolts on the TD05.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-Make sure to use the coolant lines from the vf11, you'll just have to cut the tab in the middle so the lines are in two pieces, since the spacing is different.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog