'02 WRX TMIC in '93 Legacy Touring Wagon

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

valpaval15
In Neutral

'02 WRX TMIC in '93 Legacy Touring Wagon

Post by valpaval15 »

Ok so I need some help with fitting my '02 intercooler on my ej22t. I realize that it wont fit that well but what I need help figuring out is the intercooler piping. The Y-Pipe that fits onto the vf11 wont work so I'll need to find some other piping. The problem I'm having is the bpv/bov triangle plate/hole on the intercooler. Should I find a block off plate and just let the stock bpv do its thing? Or should I find a wrx bpv and mount the return hose to it and where does the vacuum hose go off the bpv? Any help/picture would be really appreciated.
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Re: '02 WRX TMIC in '93 Legacy Touring Wagon

Post by TurnNburn »

http://turboxs.com/shop/blow-off-valves ... h-kit.html

I used this, with a 90* right after and ran the tube straight to the stock BPV. Worked pretty good if you want to keep it stock.

Switched to this setup when I did my 20G swap. Has the 90* already on it. Then just put a hose on the end of this "BOV" and run it into your intake (post maf). That way you get the noise every goes crazy over and your car will still run as it should.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/-p-4626 ... oCkijw_wcB
1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car
ride_child
Third Gear

Post by ride_child »

When I hooked up my ic to my vf11, I used an extra 45 degree elbow after the compressor outlet, it hooked up great! And I used a gfb bov that bolted straight to the ic. The vacuum line that opens the bov should hook back up to your intake manifold right above your cts.
Kris

'91 Mica White SS - R.I.P.
'88 White RX Turbo sedan - SOLD
'91 Black SS - SOLD
'93 Silver Turbo Wagon - Hibernation/Project Mode
'91 Black Camry Alltrac - R.I.P.
'09 DGM Forester XT Limited - Daily
valpaval15
In Neutral

Post by valpaval15 »

Yeah the problem I'm having is finding some kind of hose or elbow or series of elbows that will hook up the compressor outlet to the y-pipe. I was thinking maybe some radiator hoses but those will kink with even the slightest bend, that's my main hangup right now.
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Post by TurnNburn »

I used copper plumping elbows for my bends from home depot. Thinner walled then steel and not brittle like PVC. worked great, and didn't look to bad once I painted them black and reassembled the last time.
1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car
valpaval15
In Neutral

Post by valpaval15 »

I got some advice that I could use a heat gun to shape the y-pipe in the direction of the compressor outlet so I guess I'll try that first, and if not the copper elbows sounds like a good idea too.