FS Seattle, 1991 Legacy LS, 2500 obo

For sales of complete cars only, from body shells to full builds, running or not.

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum. Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
No partouts or individual parts sales.

All auctions or local sales should be in the Craigslist/eBay forum
Zap
In Neutral

FS Seattle, 1991 Legacy LS, 2500 obo

Post by Zap »

We had to buy a minivan, this car has to help pay for it. I'm not happy about it, but that's how it goes sometimes. This Legacy has been my run about for a year to save miles on my Jeep.

Being almost 25 years old, it's not in perfect condition. The windows are scratched from some previous owner's angry girlfriend or something. Doesn't make it hard to drive, but if you crave perfection, move to the next add please.
The A/C needs a pulley and a recharge to work. Heater cranks out good hot air in the winter.
The sunroof is sealed shut, but doesn't leak.
The driver's side door lock cylinder broke, so it doesn't lock or unlock from that side. I figured that a cheap keyless alarm from car toys and adding keyless entry would solve that. But for now, I just keep a lock on it that goes from the steering wheel to the clutch. Done, you can't steal it.
It only has a tape deck.
The rear diff is rusty on the outside, the exhaust is rusty, but no leaks. The rest of the car has no rust.
Has the slightest seep of oil from one of the valve cover gaskets, leaves none on the ground.
Its paint is blistered and faded.

Ok. Still reading? Lemme tell you the good stuff.
It is 178k miles young.
Within the last year, it got a new timing belt, water pump, clutch kit and rear main seal.
It has struts and springs from a Subaru Outback, sits nice and tall, rides like a dream. About 5 inches higher than a normal Legacy its age.
The tires are like new, see photo, Yokohamas. The wheels have 0 curbage, the clean up and look like new. All four axles are in good condition, no wobbles or noises or leaks from the boots.
The interior is in killer condition, headliner, seats and carpet are in great shape. The rear seats each fold down for access to the trunk. The trunk carpet has a stain on it from an old leak that's been fixed properly, but it's also in great shape.
It has cruise control. hey.
I recently got a complimentary oil change from Carter Subaru Ballard because we own a new Subaru. Instead, I took in the Legacy. So it has a fresh synthetic blend oil change and they did a full inspection. The only two things that didn't pass their inspection were the missing A/C belt and the small valve cover leak. (That's how I knew it was even there, they called it "significant". lol) I have that paperwork from Carter from about a month ago.

This is an awesome car that runs and drives and shifts and stops really well. Its body is pretty straight with a couple of dings on the passenger side. There's no reason why you couldn't jump in it and drive it straight to Florida without it breaking down.
Please don't come to look at the car and point out the things I have already disclosed about the car.

Here's a link to craigslist so you can see pics. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5070891081.html

Subaru all the way man.
93subis
In Neutral

Re: FS Seattle, 1991 Legacy LS, 2500 obo

Post by 93subis »

All you did to lift it was stock Outback struts and springs? And it all bolts right in?
93 legacy LS 25th anniversary sedan
92 Chevy K1500 Sport 4x4 5speed

"If in doubt flat out."- Colin Mcrae
"Life is so damn short, do whatever the fuck makes you happy."- Bill Murray