(Save)CT: 91 SS, auto

For sales of complete cars only, from body shells to full builds, running or not.

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum. Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
No partouts or individual parts sales.

All auctions or local sales should be in the Craigslist/eBay forum
Bdub
Second Gear

(Save)CT: 91 SS, auto

Post by Bdub »

Year, Make and Model: 1991 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sport Sedan
Color: Mica Ruby Pearl
Miles: 123,150
Transmission: automatic
Title: clean
Lien: no
VIN: jf2bc67cxmh600245
Seller's email address: brandon12284@comcast.net
Asking Price: 3000

Looking to sell one of my favorite cars. I'm in no rush to sell, so please, unless I lower the price myself, no 1500 offers, because it'll be no.

I'm the 4th owner. Car was bought new in CT, lived in NY for a while, and I brought it back home in 08.
The engine is strong, it has quite a bit of pep to it. Burns no oil, and leaks no oil. She has some quirks, but who doesn't, right?
Since I have had the car, it's only seen my own garage for repairs (aside from tires of course). It gets pretty good gas mileage given its age. It's only been run with 93 Octane, oil changed every 3k with Castrol gtx 5-30 along with subaru filter.

I am selling this car as a whole, and I'd love for it to find a home with someone who knows these cars.

Most of what I did to the car was replacement of wear and tear parts, minor upgrades. Here is a quick rundown:

Exterior:
-Is all stock, it has some rust in all the right places. Winters have taken a toll on it. Pictures to follow.
-Has Yakima crossbars and fairing, bike trays are staying with me.

Interior:
-02 WRX seats, super comfortable. Back seats are the stock SS seats, original and in pretty good shape.
-Boost Gauge
-Pioneer stereo w/ aux. and CD. Upgraded speakers all around, plus wiring for a sub and an amp which was put in by previous owner.
-Wired for a radar detector, has bonus outlet in little center console, also all placed by previous owner.

Engine:
-New Timing belt @ 101k including oil pump, water pump, seals, and misc. odds and ends ALL genuine subaru replacements.
-New Oil Pan
-New CrossMember
-New Fuel Filter
-New Walboro Fuel Pump (STi version)
-New coolant temp sensor
-K&N Drop in filter
-MBC, electronic one was on the fritz, used this as a replacement. Only put to stock boost, never messed with.
-Billet Aluminum BPV, replaced cracked plastic one.
-New power steering high pressure lines
-New Battery
-New plugs and wires @115k
-New drive belt
-3" Turbo back exhaust, w/ highflow cat mated to an SPT muffler off an older WRX. Sounds nice.

Suspension:
-KYB AGX struts all around, mated to Ground Control Coilover Sleeves. I never removed the spring perch on the struts, so they are set as low as the can go right now. Which is about stock height. Great ride, not stiff.
-Whiteline front endlinks (metal style)
-Newer Goodyear Eagle RS-A with around 85% tread left

Transmission:
4 Speed Auto (Yeah, I know, too bad its not a...)
-Shifts fine through all gears, no binding. Recently had a flush and added Lubgard ATF detergent.

The quirks, I'm sure you want to know them:

-It's going to need an alignment, the car pulls pretty hard to the left.
-Sunroof was resealed by me a while ago, however it needs a little finesse to get it to shut if you open it all the way, the metal fairing on the front has a piece snapped off.
-Passenger side sun visor just keeps falling down. That's a new one, never got a chance to find a replacement.
-Gas gauge is a little iffy. Just like all old Subies, this girl's gas gauge is spuratic. I cleaned the contacts when I replaced the fuel pump, but it appears to still be acting up.
-And rust, as I said before, it's a 1991, it's had its fair share of road time, and unfortunately they didn't design these cars right, terrible design flaws on all 4 corners.

I am placing some pics on here for quick reference, but there are a bunch of pics here: http://s106.photobucket.com/user/brando ... ry/91%20SS
Through The Generations...
91 SS 4eat
95 LSi 4eat- Sold
07 2.5i 5mt- For Sale
13 STI Sedan
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Re: CT: 91 SS, auto

Post by 92ColoradoTurbo »

Would you be interested in trading for a 92 SS 5spd + goodies?
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
dreadnok
In Neutral

Post by dreadnok »

hay I am in CT and have been looking for a 1st gen ss for a while . email me and send me your phone # at
ryan_21_07@yahoo.com. lets talk
Bdub
Second Gear

Post by Bdub »

92ColoradoTurbo wrote:Would you be interested in trading for a 92 SS 5spd + goodies?
Tempting, I always wanted a 5spd, but Im looking for a 00 and up Outback, I need a bigger vehicle.
91 SS 4eat
95 LSi 4eat- Sold
07 2.5i 5mt- For Sale
13 STI Sedan
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Post by 92ColoradoTurbo »

Bdub wrote: Im looking for a 00 and up Outback, I need a bigger vehicle.
My neighbor has an 01 outback limited, maybe if I can find their key to it.... :twisted:
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
thenicky0
First Gear

Post by thenicky0 »

Do you have better pictures of the rust?
Bdub
Second Gear

Post by Bdub »

There is a photobucket link above the photos that have rust pics. If you need more, I will have to take some that's all I have right now. Car just passed CT emissions yesterday.
91 SS 4eat
95 LSi 4eat- Sold
07 2.5i 5mt- For Sale
13 STI Sedan