WTB Subaru AWD Manual

For sales of complete cars only, from body shells to full builds, running or not.

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum. Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
No partouts or individual parts sales.

All auctions or local sales should be in the Craigslist/eBay forum
OneToolAtATime
In Neutral

WTB Subaru AWD Manual

Post by OneToolAtATime »

Found Car
Last edited by OneToolAtATime on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
James614
Fourth Gear

Re: WTB Subaru AWD Manual

Post by James614 »

No rust on a Subaru within 125 miles of northeastern PA? I wish you the best of luck good sir.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
OneToolAtATime
In Neutral

Post by OneToolAtATime »

James614 wrote:No rust on a Subaru within 125 miles of northeastern PA? I wish you the best of luck good sir.
I am more Southeastern than North. Baltimore is within 125 miles. I know that I am in the rust belt, but there are rust free cars out there. I am patient. The reason I posted no rust is because everyone feels like the rust on their car isn't as bad as it looks. I would consider a car with minimal rust, but very few people understand what minimal rust means.

I have a 92 Legacy wagon that I drove over 2 hours to pick up that had "hardly any rust". I got a decent deal on it, but the car will never be as clean as I want and won't pass inspection this year because of rust (a year and a half later). The 4EAT is now slipping (might just need a fluid change for all I know) and it is in desperate need of gaskets and a timing belt. If I find a donor for a 5 speed swap, I will do that at the same time I throw in a frankenmotor since I have an ej25d block and just patch the thing up with scrap metal. It will be ugly but functional. It is currently on ob struts and springs and has grabber at2s on it :)
tibug
In Neutral

Post by tibug »

Awesome that you found one!!!

I agree about the rust thing. Sometimes people will say, oh it just has a small rust bubble. You can't blame anyone for saying that because that is what it looks like, but the reality nearly always is that the affected area is 10 times bigger (or more) than that little bubble. As a northeasterner I know I'll pay premium for a car that is completely rust free...but hey, rust makes for a project...lol.
OneToolAtATime
In Neutral

Post by OneToolAtATime »

I didn't find a rust free one (although it only had 1 spot of rust and the underside is clean), but it has everything I want for a parts car. 1998 outback 5 speed (4.11) with front end damage. Now I have to wait until spring to swap full suspension and drivetrain into my 92 wagon. it will also be getting an ej25d bottom end. I haven't decided if i will be using the one from this car or one i have laying around at a buddy's house. then i have to patch the rust.
njdriver04
First Gear

Post by njdriver04 »

You could pickup the ej25d bottom end at harry's ..
'04 forester XT
Scoob Alumni
'94 TW, '96 L, '00 GT