FS: '98 Legacy GT wagon turbo project in Eau Claire, WI

For sales of complete cars only, from body shells to full builds, running or not.

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum. Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
No partouts or individual parts sales.

All auctions or local sales should be in the Craigslist/eBay forum
RexSpeed
In Neutral

FS: '98 Legacy GT wagon turbo project in Eau Claire, WI

Post by RexSpeed »

1998 Legacy GT wagon. 4EAT. ~182k on the body and tranny, ~130k on the engine block, ~5k on heads .

Car does not currently run. This is one of those notorious 90%-complete project cars that we all hear so much about. I believe all it needs to run is a set of the right injectors.

Engine:

Walbro 255 fuel pump
EJ22T short-block
EJ20G heads
FelPro MLS head gaskets
Gates T-belt and Subaru OE tensioner
Ej20G intake manifold
TD05h 16g turbo
Cat-less up-pipe (1st gen Legacy Turbo)
10mm oil pump
HKS 3” downpipe
Generic FMIC with modified GC8 piping
Hallman Pro MBC
Optima red-top battery
4EAT transmission (4.44 final)

ECU / Tune, fuel, spark:

JDM GC8 wiring harness merged with USDM BD Legacy GT harness. Wiring merge performed by JakeA.
JDM GC8 “Z4” code ECU (modified with EPROM socket)
EPROM tuned for 12 psi on 91 octane, programmed by JakeA.
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Tuned for USDM STi “yellow” side-feed injectors (stock, 550cc)
'04-'06 USDM STi ignition coils
AEM UEGO wide-band O2 controller

Body and interior:

Yes, it does have some rust. But, it’s really not that bad. Not nearly as bad as most this age, and certainly still within the realm of reasonable repair. Fog lights are missing and back side of front bumper cover are carved up to fit the FMIC. There’s some crappy tint on a couple windows and some snarky stickers on the back, but it’s otherwise stock. Interior is gray cloth and in very good condition for it’s age. Comes with JVC media-player head unit. Keyless entry intact with functioning alarm, the A/C is also intact and functional, as well as the cruise control.

Chassis:

KYB GR2 dampers at all four corners are roughly 10k miles old. Stock sway bars. Stock springs, stock brakes. Front-Right wheel bearing is shot. Rear-right parking brake mechanism is MIA (rust). Front subframe has been notched to clear up-pipe. Edges were smoothed and painted, but it could stand to be reinforced. Front bumper beam and struts trimmed to clear FMIC.

What it needs:

Injectors. The tune requires stock yellow-tops from an ’04-’06 STi. Not hard to come by, but just enough money that I can’t hide the purchase from my wife. After half a dozen failed attempts to get the car running I believe we’ve narrowed it down to the injectors purchased from eBay for a suspiciously low price. Applying 12v directly to 3 of the 4 results in no response whatsoever. Timing has been checked multiple times, compression is spot on, all 4 coils are showing spark at the right moments…

Exhaust. The exhaust is a cobbled together drainpipe consisting of a 3” DP meeting up via v-band with a cat-less 3” stainless tig welded cat-back. However, it doesn’t fit properly because the system was originally built to for a GC Impreza. To overcome the length discrepancy, there’s a crappy DC Sports **** can clamped to the end of a proper and beautiful Borla.

Gauges need to be wired and mounted; AEM wideband, Prosport electronic boost, Prosport oil temp. All sensors are in place under the hood.

Wiring harness needs to be tucked back behind the dash from whence it came. Glove box and passenger footwell need to be re-assembled. Crank pulley, timing covers, rad fans, IC plumbing need to be re-installed. Some of the IC coupler clamps should be replaced.

What the buyer will get with it:

JVC KD-X200 head unit
New (uninstalled) transmission cooler
Set of stock EJ22t heads
Retractable cargo cover
Subaru brand dog/cargo gate
Whatever spares and take-off items retained from the build.
The Enkei J10s (16x7) on the car are included, but if you bring your own rollers I’ll discuss a price drop so that I can keep them.

Just in case it wasn't already made perfectly clear, this car is not currently running. It will need to be towed home. Also, I have no desire to part this out. Lastly, and I really don’t want to sound like a d-bag saying this, I know the value of all the parts I've put into this. Please don’t embarrass yourself by low-balling or offering to trade for something silly or irrelevant. I fully understand that I’ll never get my money out of this, but for the condition of the car and the rarity & value of the parts in it, I think my price is fair.

$3950.

You can reach me at 715-797-0248, or rexspeedracing@gmail.com. Located in Eau Claire, WI.

Pics:

http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/RexSp ... ale?sort=9

The short version of the story is that my wife and I are currently getting our house ready to list, and shopping for a new place. I need to free up the time, space and money that this is taking up. I genuinely believe that it's very close to being driveable, I just can't devote any more of my family's resources to it.
RexSpeed
In Neutral

Re: FS: '98 Legacy GT wagon turbo project in Eau Claire, WI

Post by RexSpeed »

Bump...

Wiring merge was done with go-back-to-stock capability. I am motivated and willing to negotiate on price.
RexSpeed
In Neutral

Post by RexSpeed »

Bump for new price.

$3600, wheels included.
RexSpeed
In Neutral

Post by RexSpeed »

Bumpity.

Price drop, yet again. $3000. Come get this thing out of my life.
RexSpeed
In Neutral

Post by RexSpeed »

Bump
RexSpeed
In Neutral

Post by RexSpeed »

Amazing. Not one person is even a little interested?

This is getting parted-out and scrapped if I don't have any genuine interest by the end of the week.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Part it out!
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Might be interested in the fmic pipes.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
RexSpeed
In Neutral

Post by RexSpeed »

SOLD!