Pretty nice '98 Outback For Sale

For sales of complete cars only, from body shells to full builds, running or not.

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum. Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
No partouts or individual parts sales.

All auctions or local sales should be in the Craigslist/eBay forum
tahiti350
Third Gear

Pretty nice '98 Outback For Sale

Post by tahiti350 »

1998 Outback AWD, 2.5, Automatic trans, was my daily driver, no issues, lots of work done to it. Has 224K on odometer, engine has 135K (see below for more info). Pw, PL, AC, Cruise, factory driving lights, roof rack, cargo area protector, etc, etc..... Does have cracked windshield, but does not leaks and is still legal as it is below the line of sight, but have info for a good, inexpensive mobile glass guy.

Work done:
Engine:
Replaced engine at 223K due to blown head gasket (old engine included in sale, just needs head gaskets replaced).
'New' engine was a salvage pull out that I knew the details on. Had new heads, timing belt kit, water pump, Thermostat, radiator hoses, new Alternator, etc done at 133K miles due to broken timing belt. Car was wrecked 2 weeks after all work was done, and went to salvage so I grabbed the engine. Does have typical Subaru noise when started cold.

Transmission and running gear:
transmission shifts clean, does not slip, fluid is clean and clear
Differential oils has been checked and topped off,

Battery replaced in 2016

Brakes and suspension:
inspected, replaced front brake rotors and pads, replaced rear pads.
Replaced both right inner and outer tierod ends, Replaced right swaybar end link

Tires and wheels:
Upgraded from factory steel wheels to 16" Factory aluminum wheels, with gold highlights. Wheels have some scratches and a little corrosion o them, but are presentable. Tires are 225-60-16 touring radials with ~50% tread remaining.

Interior:
Seats and carpet professionally cleaned, but carpet still has some stains. remainder of interior has been scrubbed and detailed by me. small damaged spot on dash by drivers door, no other rips or tears, etc. Interior is in good to very good condition, still has stock AM/FM/Weather radio.

Exterior:
Turbo Hood is not factory to car, and hood paint shows weather checking and scratches. Have a Flat hood in very good condition that will go with the car, but it is white. Rest of car has minor scratches and dings, only significant dent is on left side of the hatch (see pictures)

Is a nice driving, reliable all weather car, would be a great second vehicle, a good daily driver to keep miles off your 'new' car, or an awesome first car for your kid. Consistently got 20-22 mpg semi-local, and 26-27 on a longer highway trip. Only selling due having to WAY too many vehicles... It just doesn't get driven anymore.

Asking price LOWERED to $2500 OBO, not interested in trades at this time, Will meet at tag agent to complete transfer at time of purchase.

Please pm me for pic's, can't remember how to upload here. .
'90 Bermuda Blue L Wagon (Wife's),
Auto, AWD, Now with 275K + miles!

2005 Outback, 2.5 AWD (wife's new daily)