Sold: 1999 Legacy GT - WRX Swap

For sales of complete cars only, from body shells to full builds, running or not.

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum. Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
No partouts or individual parts sales.

All auctions or local sales should be in the Craigslist/eBay forum
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Sold: 1999 Legacy GT - WRX Swap

Post by Alphius »

Year: 1999
Model: Legacy 2.5GT
VIN: 4S3BD6754X6254139
Paint Color: Spruce Pearl
Interior Color: Gray cloth
Miles: 237,500
Asking price: $7,000
High-Resolution Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/xQwtd
Video: https://youtu.be/923l1ZqNzCg

I am the second owner of this 1999 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT sedan. I purchased it from the original owner in the spring of 2014 in Portland, completely stock with 214k well cared for miles. This car has never been out of the PNW and has zero rust. I began to do some minor cosmetic mods while it was my daily driver back and forth to work. In January 2015, at 224k miles on the odometer, I acquired a wrecked 2002 WRX and 2005 WRX to use for parts to do the swap. I completed the swap in less than a month, and it has been completely reliable since then. It has working A/C, cruise control, and all the creature comforts. It looks and functions exactly as it would had Subaru made this car from the factory. I am really going to miss this car, but I recently bought a 2005 Legacy GT Limited 5-speed wagon and as sad as it makes me, I can't keep both cars.

You can see my thread here: http://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?18817

Just to be upfront, here's a couple minor issues I haven't gotten to yet:
1. Rear passenger window was broken by a rock from a passing car while the car was parked at my friend's house. I've replaced the window with an OEM Subaru PPG window and it works perfectly, but it hasn't been re-tinted with 20% tint to match the other windows yet.
2. Even though I just resealed this engine, it occasionally seeps a drip of oil onto the uppipe. I am including a full set of brand new valvecover gaskets with the car, but it isn't bad enough to tear apart yet.
3. Cosmetically, clearcoat on hood scoop and top of side mirrors is starting to go a bit, pretty common. The front end has some rock chips as you would expect. Paint has a few scratches here and there. Overall, it's a 17 year old Subaru and shows it's age in spots. For the most part, it is in good condition as you can see in the pictures.

Here is the current mod list and notable part replacements:
---Exterior---
-'98-'99 Outback SUS grille
-JDM projector headlights w/ LHD pattern conversion (FX-R xenon projector laser cut aluminum retrofit brackets included for an even awesomer upgrade!)
-JDM glass fogs, perfect condition
-4" shorty antenna, replacing problematic power antenna
-20% window tint

---Interior---
-Brand new OEM driver's seatbelt. I had it replaced by Hanson Subaru shortly after I bought the car.
-60k mile stock OEM GT seats, no collapsed bolsters!
-'02 WRX Momo steering wheel with working airbag
-'02 WRX aluminum pedals and Momo aluminum shift knob
-Color-matched Outback Limited heated mirrors with OEM heated mirror switch, works great for icy mornings!
-Sony stereo with aux-in
-Stock stereo with 6-CD underseat changer in complete working condition is included, but not installed
-'99 Outback Limited woodgrain interior parts. Rare!
-OEM tweeters in doors
-Firstgen Legacy trunk organizer

---Drivetrain---
-True OEM '94 Legacy Turbo engine crossmember
-EJ22/EJ205 8.5:1 CR hybrid swap, great leakdown numbers still. 140k on strong EJ22 bottom end, heads have 120k but were rebuilt once about 20k miles ago
-Cometic MLS headgaskets
-TD04 @ 18psi peak tapering to 13psi by redline
-OEM STI catless uppipe
-565cc flow-tested injectors, TGV deletes, Deatschwerks DW200 fuel pump
-JDM Twin-Turbo BD/BG intercooler splitter included
-GrimmSpeed 3-port EBCS
-'02 WRX engine harness merge and '05 WRX ECU. No trouble codes, drives like stock
-4.11 AWD 5-speed, hydraulic clutch, with "performance" clutch
-Helix catless downpipe to custom 3" catback and Thrush turbo muffler currently installed.
-Complete low mileage '06 STI turboback exhaust included as well, modified to fit perfectly, not currently installed. This exhaust is great for a quiet daily driver, I ran it for the majority of my time with the swap.
-Tuned with opensource, very safe, runs on 91 octane

---Suspension/Brakes---
-'05-'09 Legacy 5-spoke OEM wheels, minor curb rash on a couple
-225/45/R17 General Altimax Arctic studless snow tires, nearly new
-'04 WRX wagon struts with WRX wagon Eibach Prokit springs. Great setup!
-'94 Legacy Turbo 18mm front swaybar
-New Centric rotors and brake pads, new OEM calipers. Less than 25k miles old.