FS: Seattle 1994 Legacy SS.

For sales of complete cars only, from body shells to full builds, running or not.

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum. Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
No partouts or individual parts sales.

All auctions or local sales should be in the Craigslist/eBay forum
Florin1
Fourth Gear

FS: Seattle 1994 Legacy SS.

Post by Florin1 »

Hello old friends. I haven't been here in years. It's time for me to throw in the towel on the idea of having the.baddest SS around. Life sure has moved along for me these last few years. Two kids later, and all that matters is is my boys nowadays. So I decided to sell off my cars. This SS is just taking up my nice garage space while I park the truck outside. I also have a wrx taking up my shop. So I'll be selling that one too. Anyway, I'll just paste what I wrote on my Craigslist ad. Along with links to the ads. OfferUp here https://offerup.com/item/detail/2626057 ... ownershare
CL with the maximum allowed pix. I have more. I can send. https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6094242298.html
Hello. I think it's time for me to pull the plug on this pretty rare and unique car. I have owned it for about 8 years. If put a lot of energy and time into it, but once the firstborn came two years ago, priorities have changed a whole lot. I kept the car in hopes that I'll "get around " to finishing it, with the vision I had, but I have lost the motivation, and I need my garage back.
Now, on to the details. Here for sale is my 1994 Subaru Legacy SS with the legendary ej22t engine. This car was made for 4 years here in the states so they are fairly rare. What makes this car unique? I'm glad you asked. Let's start on the interior. First, the car comes with a black interior. That's hard to find. It used to be leather, but I have upgraded the seats to the 04/05 wrx buckets, with the rear pass through. I modified the front seat track to gain another 1-2" of headroom. The seats are very clean and in excellent condition. The car has an upgraded stereo system with built in navigation and voice command and iPod iPhone connectivity. There is an amplified subwoofer and speakers. Car has a sunroof, and has never been smoked in.
Exterior. I'll start with the obvious. The SS came with a "pre facelift" body for only one year (1991). And the front, in my opinion, actually, the FACT is, the pre facelift front end looks much more aggressive and better. So I had swapped the front end off my 91 track car to my 94. Why, you're wondering? Because the face lift had the nicer looking rear end. Which can't be swapped. Also added an 06 wrx lower lip to front bumper. Now once I swapped the panels, I had to get better lights than what is available in the US. So I went over to eBay.de (that's eBay in Germany, because in Germany they drive on he correct side of the road, and the reflection pattern in their headlights is correct for our roads, and picked up a very nice set of glass headlights and corner lights. ) JDM does not work legally for us. There is 4300k high/low hid bulbs in the housings. I modified the bumper turn signals to be foglights instead, which are projector type out of an Audi TT, with HID 3000k bulbs. The rear tail lights got the deamber treatment. Basically I baked taillights in the oven to where I could separate the lense so I can pull out the amber reflector. I hunted for, and finally found a legacy with no spoiler option on the trunk, so I got that. I did not like the spoiler look. Then I had my friend, an experienced auto body technician fix all the dings and dents on the car. I had him flair out the rear quarter panels about 1" to accommodate wider wheels and tires, and the same for the front fenders. He did all he work, and got the car to paint or plasti ready. My choice of color would've been dark gunmetal. Like on the 998 Porsche. Or evo 10.
Brakes and suspension. I have a full set of Brembo brakes for the car. It's currently sitting on FHI 4 pots in the front. I had to put on smaller wheels, and they wouldn't clear the brembos on the front. But I do have the calipers. The tears are still brembos, on Kartboy adapters. For shocks, I have the adjusted Koni inserts, on H&R springs.
Engine and power train. The engine itself is stock internally. It does however have some supporting mods. I have the ecu flashed with "RobTune" bigger tune. It's tuned for 17psi and I have STI sidefeed injectors. The car has Subaru's biggest turbo to date. It is a VF-22 ball bearing turbocharger hooked up to a Tial 38mm external wastegate that dumps back into the exhaust. There is a Hallman MBC and a 06 wrx TMIC. Transmission is a 3.9FD 5 speed with a brand new exedy clutch kit. Rear differential is a VLSD that came off a 91 ss.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I haven't worked on the car for 2.5 years. Although I do start it up on a regular basis, and keep the trickle charger on it.
I have a good amount of other parts that can be worked into some kind of deal. Those being. Borla twin tip catback exhaust. FMIC setup with HKS SSBOV with bumper beam that has been modified to accept the FMIC, DOHC EJ20k Heads. These heads are the baddest you can get for a phase 1 motor. I have another really nice set of headlights that have custom Acura TSX hid d2s projectors that have been retrofitted. Very nice beam output. Lastly, I have side skirts that need slight modifications to make work, but they add a nice touch to the car.

Now for the cons. There aren't much, but there are a couple. The last time I tinkered with the car, I may have left something disconnected that's keeping the car from going into boost. It hits fuel cut as soon as it gets into boost. It's something simple I'm sure, but I haven't tried working on it. The other issue is, the rear ebrake doesn't work. I think the stock shoes don't work with the STI rotor. But have no fear, I have some 5x100 rear hub/knuckles off an sti.

My asking price is $6500. The only trades I would consider is for 2nd gen Dodge Ram Diesel parts. That's my current rig, and what I'm into at the moment.
Any questions, just ask. I can dig up more photos from old forums, or photo accounts.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Re: FS: Seattle 1994 Legacy SS.

Post by originalcyn »

Always a sad day. T.T
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
globalrex
In Neutral