FS: 1994 Touring Wagon - FWD

For sales of complete cars only, from body shells to full builds, running or not.

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum. Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
No partouts or individual parts sales.

All auctions or local sales should be in the Craigslist/eBay forum
Soobster
First Gear

FS: 1994 Touring Wagon - FWD

Post by Soobster »

Bought this car cheap as a contingency parts car for my Vanagon EJ22T swap. Never needed the parts, fixed it up to be our daily driver for a year or so. Bought a new Outback XT and now I much prefer driving the Vanagon when I get the chance.

Current CL post: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto ... 18366.html

Stock configuration. No mods, no deletes.
Mileage = 171821

Runs and drives. Pulls strong, but with the blown rear clutch pack there is no power to the rear wheels, which results in some torque steer when getting on it hard. Was planning to swap to manual trans, but I'm bit burnt out working on cars at the moment. Also getting into sailing and you know what they say....BOAT = Bust Out Another Thousand!

Willing to sell to a BBSer for less than than the CL asking price. Hit me up.
1987 VW Westfalia Vanagon - EJ22T Powered
1994 Legacy Touring Wagon
humphreys1588
In Neutral

Re: FS: 1994 Touring Wagon - FWD

Post by humphreys1588 »

This still available? pictures? price? I'm seeing your CL ad is deleted.

Cheers
Soobster
First Gear

Re: FS: 1994 Touring Wagon - FWD

Post by Soobster »

It did not sell on CL after a few weeks so I pulled it down. Still available though. I was asking $2500 on CL, I'm willing to let it go for $2200 to someone from the BBS, but that is really my price floor as it's worth more to me in spare parts for anything less than that. Let me know what you think. I was just driving it this morning and I still really enjoy driving it. I just can't justify making any repairs to it at this point.

PHOTOS: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TLGJ3t3dyevsQK4g9

CL POST:
Up for sale is our Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon. This is the wagon model equipped with the EJ22T turbo engine, high torque 4EAT transmission, Bosch ABS and black interior trim. Engine produces about 30 more HP and 40 additional lb-ft of torque than the standard EJ22. Non-interference engine design and does not have head gasket issues like the later model 2.5 liter engines. This engine is factory stock. No performance modifications. No hacks.

Bought this rig two years ago with a blown auto transmission. Swapped in a used 4EAT replacement that works, but the rear clutch pack was shot so it's a front wheel drive Subaru currently. Plan was to eventually swap in a WRX 5 or STI 6 manual with a lift kit and big tires, but I've got another project car that takes precedence and I'm ready to work on cars less in general. Was our daily driver for year and a half until we bought a new Outback XT. Still drive this wagon regularly. I would not hesitate to take it on a long road trip. Has always been very dependable.

The GOOD:
* Runs and drives very well.
* Interior is clean and all seats were swapped in from a 2000 Outback wagon that were deep cleaned prior to install.
* All instrument cluster lamps recently replaced. All warning lamps work on ignition.
* New Alpine stereo with HD radio and all new Alpine speakers.
* New battery and alternator installed this past winter.
* New brake master cylinder and SS brake lines.
* Nokian Hakkapeliitta stud-less snow tires (currently mounted).
* 1-1/4" trailer hitch for bike racks and small trailers
* Current registration. Recently passed DEQ. 2022 tags.

The BAD:
# Transmission is FWD only currently. Can be fixed, but likely cost is $1500 or more.
# Power steering rack has small leak that can drip on exhaust which causes intermittent smoke. More annoying than problematic.
# Sunroof does not open. Was sealed shut by previous owner. Does not leak.
# Paint on roof is oxidized. Hood paint starting to fade.
# Power side mirrors work intermittently. Haven't figured out that gremlin.

Parts Included in Sale:
* Set of summer tires. Still plenty of tread
* Replacement sunroof motor and track assembly and extra sunroof glass.
1987 VW Westfalia Vanagon - EJ22T Powered
1994 Legacy Touring Wagon