Bellmouth Downpipe gaskets?

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Redlined
Fourth Gear

Bellmouth Downpipe gaskets?

Post by Redlined »

Took the hit and ordered an invidia cast bellmouth Downpipe with high flow Cat. interestingly while it is not stated in the information, and the pictured downpipe is just a bellmouth, this one is a divorced wastegate DP.

Anyways. it came with a hardware kit containing "all necessary hardware (gasket and bolts)". I noticed it didnt come with a gasket for the Bellmouth itself. I contacted the distributer and was informed that it didnt come with one. After inquiring about buying one they said that Invidia didnt make one and I would have to use an OEM gasket (!).

I seem to recall the OEM gasket being kinda ovoid and entirely unsuitable for a bellmouth aplication.

Am I missing something or just confused? Anyone have a parts number or Link to order an appropriate gasket?

HELP!

Thanks!
Dave

Re: Bellmouth Downpipe gaskets?

Post by brand »

An oem WRX downpipe gasket should be what you want
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Re: Bellmouth Downpipe gaskets?

Post by gijonas »

Ya oem is the best option here.The after market ones are too thin to compensate for any variation in the surfaces.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455