cherry bomb turbo

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Danny-G
Fourth Gear

cherry bomb turbo

Post by Danny-G »

anyone have any experience with these, good or bad, will there be more rumble cause thats what im aiming for since i have a N/A and almost no money
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
KILO
In Neutral

Re: cherry bomb turbo

Post by KILO »

I have not personally seen nor heard a Cherry bomb on a Turbo Legacy, however here in my town we seem to have an abnormal amount of Honda's and other JDM cars that do have the Cherry Bombs installed on them. I would personally say that they sound annoying on most 2.0L to 2.5L cars with 4 cylinders. Given that however the H4 engine configuration tends to contribute to a unique sound even without special exhaust. You may find decent results with it but then again there is the chance that you will end up sounding like every other JDM car out there and get labled as a 'Ricer'.
I have heard Legacy's new and old with Magnaflow and Greddy exhausts and mufflers and I would probably say you would get better luck out of those. Personally I'm saving up for a full Cat-Back Magnaflow for my '93.

Hope that helps a little.
-= Facta, Non Verba =-
1993 Legacy L Sedan FWD [ FTL:( ] EJ22 with only 160,000KMs
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

It's essentially just a straight pipe, and it'll probably sound bad on an NA
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Apex3 wrote:It's essentially just a straight pipe, and it'll probably sound bad on an NA
Not necessarily.
I put a cheap ebay straight through muffler on my first Legacy and it sounded alright (rest of the system was stock). My boss ran his L sedan for ~2yrs. w/ no muffler at all and it didn't sound bad, either.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
WagALeg92
In Neutral

Post by WagALeg92 »

I have a 92 Legacy with an N/A 2.2 and it sounds great you gotta think about pipe diamiter mufflers that are quiet on cars with a 2.5 inch exaust sound great on 2 inch exaust I got a cheap 2.5 offset inlet center out Thrush muffler witch is usuially a very quiet almost stock muffler on most cars and put it on my waggy and it sounded great then i made a y pipe with no cats out of 2.5 pipe and it sounds even better. if your fresh outa the bengies try cutting off your cats for free and the car will be louder then get a muffler for $30 and weld it on

Key Word . . . DUNZO
1992 Subaru Legacy AWD Wagon
Daily Driver