engine mount alingnement

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Falken-18c
Second Gear

engine mount alingnement

Post by Falken-18c »

ok so i put my engine mounts off my ej22e on to my ej22t well i for some reason they dont want to both line up with the slots the right side are left side will go in but then it seems to be off by an 1''1/2 away from the slots so im just woundering if i could have the mounts backward are if i dont have it completely level strait tranny atached didnt have a camera to take pics ill probly look at my new ss l8tr to see but both cars are away from me right now..
Rubasu
First Gear

Re: engine mount alingnement

Post by Rubasu »

the mounts are the same on most ej engine, u really cant put them on backwards. i have 04 sti mounts. when putting them back in i use a pry bar directly at the top of the mount stud and tap them till it drops. I have to do this every time but it works.
90 legacy Wagon LS Special, JDM closed deck 20g, custom 25d heads f/ metic motors, APS GC FMIC, 740cc, VF34, 4.11 F/D, Turboxs RFL blow off valve, now with piggyback.
94 Legacy SS R.I.P (parts car now for 90)
97 Legacy Outback (sold)
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

ok kool i probly can do that i was thinking about using a bar but wasnt sure im just gunna take a look at my other ss later but i think ima have to use the bar will see
Grayguy
Second Gear

engine mount alingnement

Post by Grayguy »

It is possible to put them on backwards, but it's fairly obvious if you do because the stud will stick straight down instead of at an angle.
92' SS: SOLD
98' 2.5GT SOLD, bought back, new stupid build in the works.
98' 2.5 GT-rx :bought not built
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Remove the pitch mount. Makes it a hell of a lot easier. With my car it was impossible without removing the pitch mount bolt.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

yea the pitch mout is out i realize that when i was puting it in but its just siting in there right now its just not in the slots so hopfully next weekend ill get them in an i might be able to hook up the engine and try to start it with any luck but i dought it
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

yea just looke at my 92 ss and there the round mounts and i have the rectangular ones that came off my 92 na so fopefully i will be able to get it with the bar
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

They have quite a bit of play, you just have tell them where to go. :lol:
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!