exhaust leak

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Falken-18c
Second Gear

exhaust leak

Post by Falken-18c »

is there a whole set of gasket you can buy for the whole exhaust from exhaust manifold through out.

my car use to smoke a bit but after installing revtronixs and 440s it smokes alot so probly an injecter leaking too.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: exhaust leak

Post by Legacy777 »

There is no gasket kit you can buy with all the gaskets you need. You have to buy each one individually.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

ok thanks ima look at my car on weekend and see exackly where its leaking from on the manifold.
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

theres somthing leaking from my up-pipe are i think its coming from my up pipe its hard to see. what could leak out of it its kinda dirty dunno if its oil and coolant are maybe its gas coming from some where else and geting dirty. im just hoping its not a head gasket this sucks. somthing always hapening to my car im hoping just up-pipe.

also i have up-pipe gasket and down pipe gasket should i use any type of sealer.
subydaddy
First Gear

Post by subydaddy »

Injectors are a pain to seat.

No sealer needed. Check the header to up-pipe gasket while you're in there. I've seen a few of them go.

There is a turbo coolant line by the passanger heads. Mine blew on me, yours may just be a small leak dripping onto your up-pipe.

Last thing is the turbo oil return line. Mine had those worthless butterfly don't do anything pcv hose "clamps" and would leak enough oil to cover everything in that area with oil. I added real hose clamps while the engine was out and was able to get to them again when the downpipe was off.
04 Impreza WRX Sedan - Sold
06 Impreza 2.5i Wagon - Sold
92 Legacy SS Sedan - Sold
94 Legacy L Wagon
02 Rendezvous CXL
91 Legacy L Sedan FWD
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

thanks ima go through every thing tomorow maybe i can get an early start maybe i will be able to fix are atleast find the problem.