Low cost (ok cheap) ebay exhaust

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

fireman2101
First Gear

Low cost (ok cheap) ebay exhaust

Post by fireman2101 »

First off this site has been a huge help and has a lot of great info for these cars.

After searching for hours and enjoying most of the results I havn't seen anybody that has used one of the super cheap exhaust that are on ebay. Here is a link to one http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGLE-PATH-4-5 ... ceRpt=true I know that you get what you pay for but after paying a pretty penny for the exhaust on my '69 DeVille I decided to look in the other direction.

I really don't want the fart can look but that is the only cheap option. I already know that I will have to extend the exhaust and thats not a big deal but I am just looking if anyone has any experience with these or what they sound like? I have a magnaflow exhaust on my '06 outback sport and I like that and worst case senireo I can just use the pipe from the cheap exhaust and put a new muffler on it.

Any input would be great. Good or bad.

And if I missed a thread like an idiot feel free to let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Semper Fi

1991 Legacy Turbo
2006 OBS- retired
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: Low cost (ok cheap) ebay exhaust

Post by SILINC3R »

Shoot for that price I almost say give it a shot.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

The biggest problem for eBay exhaust parts like that is that the pipe is usually undergauge and the welds have poor penetration. This leads to cracking and breaking fairly quickly especially at the flanges, but you could get lucky. It should at least last a few months unless it's total crap.
Grayguy
Second Gear

Post by Grayguy »

I have owned and installed quite a few eBay exhaust systems and have always been pleased. Deride and I ran them on both our SS legacys and ice raced them several times and really abused them and we never had an issue besides popping the Canon off the hangers.
92' SS: SOLD
98' 2.5GT SOLD, bought back, new stupid build in the works.
98' 2.5 GT-rx :bought not built
fireman2101
First Gear

Post by fireman2101 »

Thanks for the input. I am going to order one this weekend most likely. I was thinking about cutting the tip off the exhaust and welding some smaller tips on it so it didn't look like a fart can but I will see when it gets here.
Semper Fi

1991 Legacy Turbo
2006 OBS- retired
Grayguy
Second Gear

Post by Grayguy »

I forgot to mention, you will need to add 6" or so somewhere in the system to fit the legacys. I usually lenghthened the mid pipe.
92' SS: SOLD
98' 2.5GT SOLD, bought back, new stupid build in the works.
98' 2.5 GT-rx :bought not built
fireman2101
First Gear

Post by fireman2101 »

I read that in a lot of the post and I figured the mid pipe the was the easiest.
Semper Fi

1991 Legacy Turbo
2006 OBS- retired