CNT 3" Catless DP and SLP Resonators

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Turbo_Carl
First Gear

CNT 3" Catless DP and SLP Resonators

Post by Turbo_Carl »

I just put on my new exhaust. 3in downpipe to 2.5in exhaust.

http://www.cntracing.com/product-p/20-1219a-wrx.htm

The downpipe was a perfect fit to my car. It also had two O2 sensor fittings for my stock and wideband sensor.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/slp-loudm ... ators.html

These have a nice distinct rumble to them. I installed one in the middle of the car, and am using one at the tip. I would recommend only using 1 resonator, and getting a nice flow through muffler at the end to get a deeper tone. I am installing the muffler on Friday morning, and will provide a comparison of the two. (two resonators VS one resonator with muffler)

The muffler I am installing is the same one I used with stock exhaust, and it sounded amazing!

3A Racing Carbon Muffler. 2.5in inlet / 4in tip
1993 SS. 5MT, STI Fuel Pump, Custom Intake, Diamond Coil Pack, Forge BOV, Hallman MBC, Custom AWIC, CNT 3" Downpipe, SLP Resonator, Carbon Muffler, TD04, FCD

1987 Ford T-Bird Turbo Coupe (Pikes Peak Hill Climb Car)
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CNT 3" Catless DP and SLP Resonators

Post by Legacy777 »

Thanks for the info. Yeah I'd be curious to hear how two resonators sound vs. a resonator & muffler.

Do you get any droning with the two resonators at highway speeds?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Turbo_Carl
First Gear

Post by Turbo_Carl »

Legacy777 wrote:Thanks for the info. Yeah I'd be curious to hear how two resonators sound vs. a resonator & muffler.

Do you get any droning with the two resonators at highway speeds?
The drone is noticeable, but not annoying. The only bad thing is at like 3,000rpm or so it makes a distinct rasp that I don't like. I think the resonator wasn't meant to be used at the very end of the exhaust. That is why I am trying the muffler. I will keep one though, and probably sell the other one on here if it turns out good. I am positive it will.
1993 SS. 5MT, STI Fuel Pump, Custom Intake, Diamond Coil Pack, Forge BOV, Hallman MBC, Custom AWIC, CNT 3" Downpipe, SLP Resonator, Carbon Muffler, TD04, FCD

Turbo_Carl
First Gear

Post by Turbo_Carl »

Here is a clip with just the 2 resonators.

Dunno what happened to the video playback (phone), but the audio works fine. As you can tell, it's pretty loud.

http://tinypic.com/r/2ez1ssg/6

I will record the other vid with my HD Camcorder. The muffler resonator combo sounds absolutely amazing btw. :wink:

Turbo_Carl
First Gear

Post by Turbo_Carl »

Here it is with the muffler! (removed the other vid because I didn't like the flutter lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mABNAxvnyZU

Please try to ignore the wastegate flutter! Ugh.... Still boosts fine, but I have a TD04 to put on anyway.
Last edited by Turbo_Carl on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Sounds better!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm