wondering if this is gonna work with my 93 legacy ej22t

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

mrvtec22
In Neutral

wondering if this is gonna work with my 93 legacy ej22t

Post by mrvtec22 »

Hello everyone im new to the forum, and was wondering if this would fit my newly purchased 93 legacy ej22t which is completely stock. I was looking at this complete exhaust,dp,up, manifold kit will worl with my car heres the link
http://m.ebay.ca/itm/180640301374?nav=SEARCH

Thanks alot for your time. I also have goal of reaching 300whp or around that ball park in the near future.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: wondering if this is gonna work with my 93 legacy ej22t

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS.

In general the WRX exhaust is shorter in the axle back section and has different mount locations, and the down pipe is different length.

Out of that system you linked to the headers and up-pipe would be a direct bolt on. The down-pipe would bolt on and the hanger mount should be the same. I'm not sure how the mid-pipe will bolt up and if it would match with the exhaust hanger locations.

The length of that system does not appear to match the stock exhaust component lengths, so it's kind of hard to tell.

I would personally recommend staying with the stock header & up-pipe you have. The up-pipe is the same up-pipe that is found on the stock STi's. With the stock header's being cast they retain heat better which helps the turbo spool up.

I'd recommend you looking into a 3" turbo back exhaust setup. As noted the WRX/STi systems will work with modification. There are quite a few different threads talking about what needs to be modified, so I'd suggest searching and if you have specific questions let us know.

Also, regarding the 300 whp goal there is quite a bit that would need to be done to get that including engine management, fueling, turbo, & possibly ignition upgrades. Plus, at those power levels the stock transmission comes into question.

Check out my build thread to see what I've done to reach the power I'm at now. (255 hp & 306 ft-lbs at the wheels) I've got a list of mods in the first page and a link to the most recent dyno plots towards the end of that first post.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47942
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
mrvtec22
In Neutral

Post by mrvtec22 »

Thanks alot for your reply. Youve got quite the build there. Im completely new to subaru coming from hondas. I have a fully built k24 with 270whp all motor. I picked up a mint 93 legacy for 1400$ and i have a few grand to throw into it to make it an awesome winter car. I was planning on getting all the basic bolt on parts at first then bringing it to lachute performance in quebec to do the head swap and tuning. I was kinda looking at a guideline of what to purchase first. And what all i can install and run without tuning right away.
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Hi,
The Legacy EJ22T has a lot of untapped potential in stock form. You'll be more informed by reading thru the "Sticky" in most categories under the Board Index.

Once you have that info, then you can ask informed questions not answered on here.

We're NOT NASIOC and won't berate you for asking questions,.....just makes it more helpful if we know what you know. :-)

TD
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
mrvtec22
In Neutral

Post by mrvtec22 »

thanks a lot guys the sticks are helping a lot didn't notice them at first. glad i found this forum has everything i need to know thanks again
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

There are a couple different build paths depending on the route you want to go. The engine management is probably the biggest limiting factor on these cars.

I'd also suggest checking out the stuff you need to know forum. There is a lot of good info in there, including a link to the parts book and service manuals.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm