poor gas mileage !!!!!

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

powerfulalien
In Neutral

poor gas mileage !!!!!

Post by powerfulalien »

my 90 wagon is going through gas almost i stress almost going through gas like it's going out of style , however i know that i need to change the air filter and fuel filter ( part of a full tune up ) on top of which i am not driving the car due to the fact that i need to rebuild or replace the alternator anyone have any suggestions ??? on the fuel mileage or on parts to fix my alternator ????? thank you in advance
powerfulalien
90 Legacy LS Wagon
no mod's (yet)
snorkusectomy
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Give us some more info on your car......auto/manual....type of driving....etc.

When's the last time you've done a tune-up. Plugs, wires, filters, fuel additive....etc.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
powerfulalien
In Neutral

Post by powerfulalien »

It's an automatic i just recently bought it ( about 3 weeks ago ) havent had the money to do any type of tune up yet ( C.N.A class for the last 5 weeks ) and i only drove it for about a week before the alternator went out !!!!! As far as my driving style is concerned it is on the aggresive side. As everyone can tell i havent had much luck with the car so far but i know it will get better !!!!!! Again thanks for your replys
90 Legacy LS Wagon
no mod's (yet)
snorkusectomy
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Well I'd start with the alternator......try taking it to auto parts store, have them test it, to see if it's bad. If it's bad, you'll prob just have to buy a new one.........as a side effect of the alternator, your battery may need have the chances to die later on.

Once you do that, then I'd do all the tune up stuff and then go from there.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
powerfulalien
In Neutral

poor gas mileage !!!!!

Post by powerfulalien »

I have already had the alternator checked and it does show bad currently i'm trying to fix the diode plate so that i don't have to replace the whole alternator 105 is the cheapest i found on a rebuilt one. BTW does anyone know where i can find a complete stainless steel exhaust system ??????????
90 Legacy LS Wagon
no mod's (yet)
snorkusectomy