Curiosity About N02

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Curiosity About N02

Post by LegacyT »

Just outta curiosity anyone ever try nawz in the EJ22T? Will the motor hold up to this stuff? :D If anyone has ever tried it, how'd it go?

Thanks,
Mark
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
mile hi
First Gear

Post by mile hi »

I wouldn't recommend doing it. We have modified a customers WRX with turbo upgrade, atwic, chip, intake ect and it has been the fastest in the state for some time. This summer things changed a bit, a WRX with close to the same setup got .2-.3 sec on it with 25 nox and on the next try he tried a 50 shot. The engine let go big time and it is going to take a short block assy. at least to fix it. This motor is strong I have seen it run 30 lb boost under the right conditions but.......
AL(CO)
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

well.....I see what your saying but isn't the wrx block weaker than an EJ22T block due to its open deck design??? I figure with forged pistons and the factory pistons already being forged it could handle it. But I'm just assuming, I dont know for sure......

Mike
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The strength of the newer open block design is very very good.....even in comparison to the closed deck motors. I don't have any numbers on comparisons or strength.....but you also have to take into account manufacturing methods, metal quality....etc.....alll have improved over the years......or so we hope ;)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm