EJ20H to Single turbo into 92 Legacy turbo...Done!

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ej22t
Second Gear

EJ20H to Single turbo into 92 Legacy turbo...Done!

Post by ej22t »

Hi all, just wanna share this to you guys!
Just done the conversion as putting a EJ20H twin turbo block to become sigle turbo and just drop into my 92 Legacy turbo and the car finally starts and just has a little test drive and it seems alright!
Still have some wiring and vaccum tubing to re-route.
Also has to re-install the AVC-R back to the car to see how much boost I am running now, since the AVC-R has the boost gauge.
The engine sounds right just has a little high idle and hope could adjust back to normal idle in coming weekend!

Anyway, the engine and the car is alive again and just to let you guys know Subaru is a magic company, you could put any EJ serise engine to our BC chassiss car without any big problem!

Hope will have the car run well in the weekend and will have an update report soon!

Ben :twisted:
92 Legacy turbo with EJ20G engine swap \(^0^)/
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Sweeet!

Remember, ALOT, if not most, if not all of the twin turbo motors were 9.0-1 compression. Make sure to run premium!
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

Thanks for your info Douglas.
As found some info from the web, it said the engine should be 8.8:1 compression ratio, I am not too sure, since I havne't did any compression test.
But for sure will run the 91 Octen at least!
One more questions for you guys since the engine is now using the EJ22T pink injector now, should I change to EJ20H gray injector, compair for this 2 injector, the pink one is shorter then the gray when insert in the intake. Will it be problem if I put the gray one in?
Thanks for all input!

Ben
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

Just another update on the engine!
The engine been on the car for almost 2 weeks and I just finish all the vacuum line with my AVC-R boost unit.
I just put 1.0kg/cm to be the max boost (since I don't sure what will be tbe max boost the engine could handle so for the safe side just limit it to 1.0Kg/cm)
Also found out the mid-range troque is more then the EJ20G engine the I used have and now the car is more fun to drive without too much boost.
Does anyone knows what will be the max boost the engine could handles and also, what injector should I change to since I am still using the EJ22T pink injector and just worry about not enough fuel in the engine!

Thanks for read my review and please help me for the above questions!

Ben
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

The pink ej22t is 370cc and the grey ones that came with the twin turbo setup are 430-440 cc.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
ej22t
Second Gear

Post by ej22t »

Thanks again Douglas, if I change to Gray injector, do I have to change the fuel rail together? Or could I just put the gray injector with the old fuel rail?
Thanks for your answer!

Ben