Ej22N/A + EJ22T parts : what parts will bolt-onto the N/A ?

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

N1446
Second Gear

Ej22N/A + EJ22T parts : what parts will bolt-onto the N/A ?

Post by N1446 »

doing a turbo build with a ej22 n/a motor and a ej22t parts motor
what parts will directly swap onto the N/A block ?

as/in plug and play from 22t to 22n/a

Anybody mix and match parts between these motors easily ?
?
N1446 Brutus
91 Legacy SS 5mt 2.5GT Swap
Legacy GT Suspension, 16" Fozzy Wheels, 2.5RS OBX EL Headers, Gutted Mid-Pipe, Subaru Catback c/w AWD BABY !
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Are you looking for internal parts, or just intake manifold, water pump, etc?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
N1446
Second Gear

Post by N1446 »

i m looking for all-things-turbo from the 22t and attach it to the 22na
to build "theoretically" the same motor
i wondering how many of the exterior parts from the 22t will swap onto the 22na , i know the 22na has an open deck -
i m rebuilding the 22T with go fast parts so i m taking the the 22na and turbo-ing it with the 22T turbo bits
mostly i m wondering of what do i need from the 22t to put on the 22na for a complete turbo motor in the end ie / computer / heads - intake / anything that should go from one to the other of what i m not able to see as being obvious
N1446 Brutus
Legacy GT Suspension, 16" Fozzy Wheels, 2.5RS OBX EL Headers, Gutted Mid-Pipe, Subaru Catback c/w AWD BABY !
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

What are you trying to do exactly?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
N1446
Second Gear

Post by N1446 »

i m taking the parts from the ej22T and i m installing them on the ej22N/A resulting in a boosted ej22N/A -

i m wondering what parts are interchangable
N1446 Brutus
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Most everything should swap over.

If you use the turbo heads & intake manifold, I don't think there's any issues where something wouldn't swap over.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
N1446
Second Gear

Post by N1446 »

ok great to hear
less exspensive this way
until somthing lets go of course
thankx for the assurance :!:
N1446 Brutus
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

everything will swap over
-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Don't forget a front crossmember if your doing a factory style headers/up-pipe.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
tturnpaw
First Gear

Post by tturnpaw »

To be honest I don't know why you're going to all the trouble of swapping all these parts when you would need a turbo coolant hard pipe under the manifold and a turbo ecu. Best bet is swap the heads for the turbo cams if you care that much. Skip the whole stock crap, install a safc neo or greddy emanage, the stock turbo up pipe get an oil cooled turbo drop sti side feeds in your stock rails and tune. Done.
N1446
Second Gear

Post by N1446 »

i have a 93 4eat NA legacy and a 91 ss
i m not looking for a major upgrade to the 93
the 91 will eventually be a monster so the basic turbo parts are all i need for the 93

so far as i can tell from here i need a crossmember and an oil return for the turbo / apart from this simply swaping the turbo bits from the 22T should be sufficient

i m saving the coin$ for the 91 project
N1446 Brutus
tturnpaw
First Gear

Post by tturnpaw »

With 9:1 compression, even if you ran an ecu temp sensor wire and pinned it out, you're going to have problems. Once the turbo ecu sees that the knock sensor is going crazy it will pull timing until your car was slower than it was before. Stock 22ts are on an extremely conservative tune and will always strive to stay within it's parameters. Frankly, for the stock turbo it's not worth it.

If you keep the na ecu, swap fuel rails and injectors, swap the turbo uppipe that will be on the cheap. You will need a piggyback to adjust timing and injector duty cycle. So prepare to spend 300-600.
Also, you will need the turbo head for the oil feed/return and the coolant reservoir tank for the turbo feed/return.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

tturnpaw wrote:With 9:1 compression, even if you ran an ecu temp sensor wire and pinned it out, you're going to have problems. Once the turbo ecu sees that the knock sensor is going crazy it will pull timing until your car was slower than it was before. Stock 22ts are on an extremely conservative tune and will always strive to stay within it's parameters. Frankly, for the stock turbo it's not worth it.

If you keep the na ecu, swap fuel rails and injectors, swap the turbo uppipe that will be on the cheap. You will need a piggyback to adjust timing and injector duty cycle. So prepare to spend 300-600.
Also, you will need the turbo head for the oil feed/return and the coolant reservoir tank for the turbo feed/return.
Since the tune is sooo conservative I do not think the knock sensor will hear a thing (unless it is cracked & is hearing things right now)- timing maps are weak & fuel maps are rich on these cars so the increase in compression should allow for a decent HP gain.

Turbo oil feed /d rain can be fabbed cheaply & easily - I had to do this on my OBS-t ghetto turbo conversion.

Coolant lines can be connected to the turbo @ a later time as they are not Required to have the car run safely.
Without the coolant lines connected you'll just need to have the car run for a few seconds before you turn it off coming off of boost or use a turbo timer.
Last edited by BXSS on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
tturnpaw
First Gear

Post by tturnpaw »

Without an intercooler it will. You're forgetting that heat builds deto. The added compression will only make it worse.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

+1 with the above, Meth injection or some form of intercooling (FMIC, TMIC, H2O-O2...)) is suggested!
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
tturnpaw
First Gear

Post by tturnpaw »

The op was concerned with what parts swapped over. If it was about fabbing, I'm sure he would intercool it. But by the sounds of it he wants cheap. Well you can run a water cooled turbo without it but I will say there is no garantee how long it will last or how hot your turbo will be.
N1446
Second Gear

Post by N1446 »

i aim to use the 22T Ecu on the na , performing whatever modifications necessary , intercooling yeaah probably though not right away
N1446 Brutus