Need quick help!!!!!

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

lucas
Third Gear

Re: Need quick help!!!!!

Post by lucas »

so after taking the car to PIA they fiddled with it alittle to no avail. Jake the guy that works there happened to have a spare IACV from his old t leg. Took it home put it on and still having the same problem. No matter how i adjust it still running the same high crappy retarded idle. Pretty burned out with the whole thing. At least im 98% sure its a wiring/electrical problem. Anyone else have bad electrical problems like this before. Or perhaps ive missed something?
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
BoostedSubie
Second Gear

Post by BoostedSubie »

A buddy told me that the pin for the iacv at the ecu sometimes gets coroded and can cause problems, maybe check that.
93 Black Legacy SS
93 Legacy
97 Outback- EJ25D/22e frankenmotor
97 Green Outback
97 Red Legacy GT
98 Silver Legacy GT- Pikes Peak build, built EJ22t/205, GT3076r
99 Black Legacy GT wagon
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I don't recall if I asked this question, but what happens if you remove the electrical connector of IAC valve while the engine is running? Does the engine rpm go up or down?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
WRXish
First Gear

Post by WRXish »

Here is something you can try...found out I had a problem with wiring where the white and black wires on the IACV were reversed. Once I swapped them at the IACV engine starts, idles, no more CEL. Worth a shot to try it...I would try 3 test leads as a temporary connection before you bugger up the wiring harness. Let us know what u come up with/. I realize I am bumping an old thread but I am certain that others are confounded by the IACV operation as much or more than I am. Having useful information and things one can try, especially when mixing and matching parts that are close to the same but not exactly, is part of the mission of this forum, so if this post belongs elsewhere, I am sure Josh or someone else will move it. :)