help a suby buddy out

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

skygaze666
In Neutral

help a suby buddy out

Post by skygaze666 »

Okay this what happened car day before run perfect and that same night went to go to the store at night and car didnt want to start up or keep idle so next couple of days car acting up i believe its the tps sensor causing the car to flip out and not run if there's any better legacy buddies in Burien or Seattle can help me out at my house or just stuff i can do...it takes my car like3-7 tries to get it to idle at a low rpm. During cold start car idles out of control high 3k and rises slowly.its hard to pin point what's wrong it runs rich then lean... Its a pain not able to find the problem so anything can help..
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: help a suby buddy out

Post by kimokalihi »

Coolant temp sensor possibly.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I've moved your thread to the engine forum.

Does the car start and run ok/better once it's warmed up? If so, I would agree with Kimo and suggest checking/replacing the coolant temp sensor.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
skygaze666
In Neutral

Post by skygaze666 »

Legacy777 wrote:I've moved your thread to the engine forum.

Does the car start and run ok/better once it's warmed up? If so, I would agree with Kimo and suggest checking/replacing the coolant temp sensor.
it doesn't run better it idles better everytime I try and give it gas it chockes and hesitates and I can't get no boost either... But i will look into the coolant temp see if that's the problem