Driveability issue

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

slipknot51
First Gear

Re: Driveability issue

Post by slipknot51 »

Thanks Josh thats all I was really wondering. I just pulled the engine harness from my car and found that a lot of the connectors had wiring exposed right at the connector ends and some of the pins are really looses to. Also in the service manual im guessing the diag for the Idle air control is worded as bypass air control solenoid
92 T- leg Tdo4/top mount,3" inch exhaust ,5 speed 2.5 rs trans, sti seats Wrx rear seats kartboy short throw shifter,Kyb gr2 struts
08 Spec b Legacy
robertpaige
Fourth Gear

Post by robertpaige »

Yes, that's what they reference it as in the manual.
the guy who had the really low winestone SS on the corvette wheels
slipknot51
First Gear

Post by slipknot51 »

So I know its been awhile since I undated this post. I did get a used 90/91 non turbo engine harness it was really easy to modify the harness to make it work. I just took cut the tape and removed platic loom covering and took relocated the coolant temp sensor and level sensor connector down the to the same location on the they were on the turbo harness. Got new loom/tape and retaped and loomed the harness back together. Got the harness back into the car what a pain with the manifold and every thing still in the car lol. Got the car back together and started it back up wow what a difference the car sounds like its running way better. I still get a flutter noise once letting off boost but I do notice a boost leak above 4 pounds I do have the tmic swap and tdo4 had any one made a boost leak tester to figure out were leaks are in the system. Also different question is there a one way check valve in the brake booster. Ive noticed since I got the car that when I go into boost and say try to brake boost or brake right after boosting i noticed it take a few seconds or until i get back to vacuum for me to get my braking booster to kick in so hard petal lack of braking to good petal and brakes
92 T- leg Tdo4/top mount,3" inch exhaust ,5 speed 2.5 rs trans, sti seats Wrx rear seats kartboy short throw shifter,Kyb gr2 struts
08 Spec b Legacy
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yes, there is a check valve in the brake booster vacuum line that keeps vacuum in the booster and prevents the booster from seeing positive pressure.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
slipknot51
First Gear

Post by slipknot51 »

Ok cool I just noticed that issue and though it was normal until i drove my friends car. So ordered the new line from subaru. I was able to make up a boost leak tester and checked for leaks I found that air is leaking around my adapter plate that i made so im going to have to fix that issue which since its so close to the bov im sure its causing the bov to go off parshally and causing the flutter noise i hear once im off boost
08 Spec b Legacy