95 ej20g into 92 turbo leg

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ShorelineScooby
First Gear

Re: 95 ej20g into 92 turbo leg

Post by ShorelineScooby »

ive been working 60+ hour weeks to acquire the funds to get it all going asap. im picking up a vf39 tomorrow, hopefully some sti yellow's, gonna do cop conversion, then hopefully i'll be able to use my pfc and get her tuned up finally.
also have 4.11 5mt and a '01 RS lsd rear that will be going in as soon as i get rear axles and a new clutch!
06 Obxt (Clam-jam daily)
92 SS (Forever broken)
92 240sx Vert (Shitbox money-pit drift project)
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Keep working like that and you'll never get time to play lol.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
ShorelineScooby
First Gear

Post by ShorelineScooby »

cj91legss wrote:Keep working like that and you'll never get time to play lol.
lol tell me about it. maybe once its "done" i'll be more convinced to take advantage of my 3-day weekends!
06 Obxt (Clam-jam daily)
92 SS (Forever broken)
92 240sx Vert (Shitbox money-pit drift project)
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

Why can't the three wire tps be integrated into the 22t setup? Is the idle switch not present in the 20g tps?

Do the 22t throttle cable's not reach over to 20g throttle body on the opposing side?

Sorry if it's already been covered but having trouble finding answers..
Thanks in advance!
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

Hmm not often that nobody has any insight. Almost a month later after alot of digging around I've started to come up with some answers. Most of the discussion I've seen on this forum does not give much explanation of the exact difference between the 4 wire and 3 wire tps and why the 3 wire apparently cant be used in the 22t setup.

Here is what I have come up with, the 22t 4 tps has the idle switch integrated into it. It's a simple switch that will tell the ECU when the throttle plate is open or closed.

The 3 wire tps does not have the idle switch in it, rather it would appear the switch is actually located on the gas pedal it's self.

Further research will deam my final plan of integrating the 3 wire tps into my 22t setup. I will update when I got it figured out. Either way I have no interest in a flipped 22t throttle body with a spacer.
93 impreza rally muffin
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Sorry I missed your question. I must be missing something, because to me, I don't see an issue. I have always ran an ej22t intake manifold wiring harness with my legacy.

Here's combos I've tried (all with ej22t intake wiring harness as mentioned):
Scenario 1: Complete ej20g engine running ej20g ecu. Worked perfect.
Scenario 1a: Same engine as above, running robtuned ej20g ecu. Works perfect.
Scenario 2: different but also complete ej20g engine, running ej22t pink injectors on ej22t ecu. Worked perfect.
Scenario 3: (what I'm currently running) complete ej22t with yellow injectors running robtuned ej20g ecu. Works perfect.

So, the ej20g TPS & IAC was controlled by either ej20g or ej22t ecu, or robtuned ej20g ecu, without issue. As is the ej22t TPS and IAC, on the robtuned ej20g ecu.

Please tell me if I'm missing something, because I didn't experience any issue running the listed ecus or bespoke TPSs, etc.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

I'm attempting to use an ej20h intake manifold that came with a ej20h,k,g?(not exactly sure) throttle body on a DOHC swapped ej22t legacy.
The 22t throttle body has the throttle cable connections interfering with IAC valve. Meaning I wanted to use the ej20h,g,k throttle body that has the throttle cable connections on the correct side opposing the IAC valve .

Problem = difference in TPS sensors

22t throttle body = 4 wire tps (idle switch integrated in tps)

20h,g,k throttle body = 3 wire tps ( no idle switch in tps)

The only solution I could find on here was to flip the 22t TB upside down and use a 1/4in spacer.

What I want and had not found on this forum was the technical reasoning behind people not finding or being able to find a way to make the 3 wire TPS work.

As of tonight I think my dreams became shattered when I discovered the back facing diameter of the ej20g/k/h throttle body measures almost 10 millimeters smaller than the ej22t throttle body. I had only been measuring the front facing diameter between the two and they were the same but a closer look showed the 20g,k,h decreases in diameter from front to back, where as the 22t stays the same diameter.

I was pretty sure I was going install a micro switch at the gas pedal or throttle body to accommodate for the missing idle switch in the 3 wire TPS and that would allow the use of the ej20h,g,k throttle body. But plans have changed. I'm going to try and relocate, change, or delete the IAC valve to make clearance for the 22t throttle body.
93 impreza rally muffin
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Ahh, sorry I missed that. If you dig through Kimokalihi's build thread, you can see he did what you're describing, spacer and rotated throttle body. The guys at dirtyolbc.co.nz have a different solution to the same problem. They use the 20k style manifold and throttle body, and use the 20g/22t TPS with some drilling.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.