Rebuilt Motor, Won't Start

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

robertpaige
Fourth Gear

Re: Rebuilt Motor, Won't Start

Post by robertpaige »

Yes. The ECU controls the injector pulse, but you already tried the 20G ECU which leads me to believe something else. You need to check resistance between the injector plug and ECU. To make sure that the wiring is working.
the guy who had the really low winestone SS on the corvette wheels
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Andrew,

Sorry I've been MIA and not replied. How you checked for spark is how I would check for spark. Typically I will leave the plug body touch the block so it's grounded through the engine. They also make noid lights that hook up between the plug wire and plug. (The link below is the cheap version from harbor freight)

http://www.harborfreight.com/11-piece-n ... 97959.html

Have you checked the resistance of the wire from the injector plugs to the ECU? Also, have you verified you have 12v at the injector plugs?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

Hey Josh, as always I appreciate your concern.

That is a cool kit, I just wish I didn't need it ;)

I should start my own thread to keep things tidy, and allow this one to serve the purpose of the OP.
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Keatsdude

As I said awhile ago, think simple. I just dealt with an issue where only 2 cylinders where firing. Thought it was ECU, thought the car wanted to be burned down. It turned out to be bad ground.

If you have checked timing, spark by pulling the wires from the coil pack, listned to the injectors firing. Double check you have installed the ECU correctly, depinned, merge pin, ignitor installed correctly. That is where your issue is must likely coming from. Also making sure you have a strong battery helps to. A trick I found too is, try unplugging the MAF and starting the car. It worked for me and I stumbled upon it while I was searching when my car wouldn't start.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost