K&N Fuel Filter

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

AStigsLife
In Neutral

K&N Fuel Filter

Post by AStigsLife »

Hello,
I searched like mad looking for this topic, so I guess I have to post about it. Does anyone have any experience using the K&N fuel filter on this website:

http://www.autoanything.com/fuel-system ... 6A0A0.aspx

I have used a K&N fuel filter on my daily Civic, which was specifically made for it and it yield some nice results. I'm hoping the same with filter.
"The reason why I own many cars isn't that I'm a collector, rather I am trying to save cars from Stance Culture"
MConte05
Second Gear

Re: K&N Fuel Filter

Post by MConte05 »

So what "nice results" are you hoping for?

There would literally be zero gain or benefit from trying to use that filter beyond it being a PITA to mount somewhere.
AStigsLife
In Neutral

Post by AStigsLife »

The civic had like 70hp or less, so it was pretty "responsive" after the install. I wouldn't say it had extra power. Also, some knocks were eliminated and MPG went up substantially. My Legacy Turbo doesn't have those issues. Anyway, I'm not sure when the fuel filter was change from the previous owners on the legacy, but there is some surface rust forming on the base of the nozzles of the fuel filter indicating its age, so it might need a change and that's why I asked. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a stock OEM fuel filter, but can you tell the difference from an old fuel filter and a new fuel filter on our Legacies?
"The reason why I own many cars isn't that I'm a collector, rather I am trying to save cars from Stance Culture"
MConte05
Second Gear

Post by MConte05 »

Not at all. Even just a cheaper one from the store will do the trick.
AStigsLife
In Neutral

Post by AStigsLife »

Thanks a bunch
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Post by TurnNburn »

you wouldnt actually gain horsepower but you would notice a difference if your filter was original 200k mile filter and was clogged up and or otherwise degraded to the point it was causing you problems. by replacing it, you are inadvertently (or on purpose) fixing a problem your car had because of the bad filter. Just replace it with whatever is easy (ie. direct fit/replacement) and in your budget.
1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Never heard of their fuel filters, but I love the oil filter - a 25mm wrench on and off. I reuse that filter between one oil change so the price difference is negligible.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
WRXish
First Gear

Post by WRXish »

mike-tracy wrote:Never heard of their fuel filters, but I love the oil filter - a 25mm wrench on and off. I reuse that filter between one oil change so the price difference is negligible.

Mike, how do you use a filter between one oil change? I am not trying to be obtuse, I just dont understand what you mean.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

What I mean is I go about 3k odd miles between oil changes, and I only switch the k&n oil filter every 2nd oil change. I justify this (in my mind ha ha) because the K&N filters designed cars that have an oil change interval of 7500 miles or more.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.