Motivation/advice

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Grombal
In Neutral

Motivation/advice

Post by Grombal »

I've got a 96BG with a 25/22 hybrid engine. I am planning to put together ej22e bottom, 25d heads, and a VF11. I have the manifold and up pipe, but I feel it won't be so easy this time as it was putting a ej22t in my old 98BG. Considerations include replacing/cutting crossmember, bov, and using the 22t water pump. It will be running WG pressure, so only upgrade/mod would be an moD or somwthing of the like, I'd imagine, given that the 98BG ran the 22t on stock ecu with no issues.

What can I do to retrofit feed/dump lines to this engine for the turbo? I saw that some run the tee from the oil pressure switch, I'm wondering if there's anything even better than that...

What is the most reasonable size for a FMIC for this application, as I do not want to use top mount if I don't have to.

Inb4 search noob, as I didn't see anything directly applicable to this that answered these questions.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Motivation/advice

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome to the BBS.

Regarding an oil feed line for the turbo, I'd have the passenger side head drilled and tapped to provide oil & coolant. You can kind of see what the stock ej22t head setup is like from the pictures below.

https://main.experiencetherave.com/suba ... eadwork/17
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm