Ej22t fuel rails in Ej25d manifold

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

zeke
First Gear

Ej22t fuel rails in Ej25d manifold

Post by zeke »

So I looked all over the place for info on this and everywhere I look people say you cannot use the Ej22t rails on the Ej25d manifold. But I figured away to use them if any is interested. First I cut the fuel lines off the Ej25d you have to leave them long enough to flare the ends out.

Next you have to cut the the bolt holes out a little bit easiest way would probably be a dremal. Make sure not to cut too much off.

Then just flip the rails around and they will bolt up the the new manifold.

You will need to turn the fuel pressure regulator around so it faces up and same with all the cut fuel lines then put new fuel lines on it all and there you go and with moving all the fuel lines out from under the manifold you may be able to do an under the manifold inlet I will update back on that if you can. Also the fpr will end up on the front of the passenger head doing this so just make sure that you plumb the lines in the right spots

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
91 ss Ej22t dohc td04 sti Slanty haltech elite 1500
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ej22t fuel rails in Ej25d manifold

Post by Legacy777 »

Thanks for the info and pictures!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
zeke
First Gear

Post by zeke »

No problem I figured that I wasn't the only one who has run across this issue before and until I can get a robtuned ecu or a stand alone this will work for me.

mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

That is an innovative solution! I was fortunate enough to have ej20g rails, when I ran ej22t pinks (briefly) in my old ej20g. Not sure I would have had the confidence to mod my stock 22t rails the way you did though. Congrats.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
zeke
First Gear

Post by zeke »

So its all together and running with no fuel leaks the fpr ended up having to go on the rear drivers side of the engine otherwise it hits the cam covers and interferes with the power steering lines. Its a pretty tight fit and I had to make both front pipes face out towards the fenders to keep my ac it still has r12 and works great.

So the way it pipes is from the fuel filter it goes to the back passenger then from the front passenger to the front driver then the fpr then the return line

cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Nice!!!
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
zeke
First Gear

Post by zeke »

Just an update in this the rails work perfectly like this with no fuel leaks. It looks like an under the manifold inlet will work with a different power steering reservoir and grind off the tab that holds the purge solenoid on off.

How does it run with the 96 dohc hla heads? Fan freaking tastic!!! It was pretty quick with the sohc heads with the td04 and the sti Slanty and straight pipe exhaust, but with just doing the head swap and not even using turbo cams this thing has gobbs more power. Not sure what my compression ratio unded up at but I used a. 051 cometic mls head gasket and there is zero lack of power on the off boost drivablity. I would like to do a robtune and some turbo cams and see what this thing is really capable of. I am happy with the way it runs and drives.

WRXish
First Gear

Post by WRXish »

I am truly impressed, really nice
zeke
First Gear

Post by zeke »

Thanks! Its definitely been a process im going to be putting on a front mount in the next few weeks and modifying my power steering pump to remote locate the the reservoir I saw that there was a write up on here but none of the pictures are working anymore so when I do that I will be documenting what I do and will find out if the 25d manifold will clear the turbo inlet without spacers