ej20k heads on an ej22t block

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

GreenDragon
In Neutral

ej20k heads on an ej22t block

Post by GreenDragon »

Hi, new to this forum and looking for some help to get my project back on the road. I have an 22t block and a pair of ej20k heads. A few questions about this hybrid setup. 1. What head bolts do I use? Ej205? 2. What head gaskets? Will oem ej20k work? 3. I read on another forum the CR would be 7 something. Wouldnt it be a bit higher? Any other advice is welcome. Thanks
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: ej20k heads on an ej22t block

Post by cj91legss »

I recommend you browse through this thread a few times. There's quite a bit of useful information in this.

viewtopic.php?t=38247

Use any dual cam head bolts. Always use the gasket matched to the block (i use cometic .051 gaskets in all my dual cam hybrids.) And yes, you're going to be in the low-mid 7s with compression, the only way to safely fix this is custom pistons.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
GreenDragon
In Neutral

Re: ej20k heads on an ej22t block

Post by GreenDragon »

cj91legss wrote:I recommend you browse through this thread a few times. There's quite a bit of useful information in this.

viewtopic.php?t=38247

Use any dual cam head bolts. Always use the gasket matched to the block (i use cometic .051 gaskets in all my dual cam hybrids.) And yes, you're going to be in the low-mid 7s with compression, the only way to safely fix this is custom pistons.
Thanks for the reply. Also read that there may be an issue with valve overlap with this setup? Any advice on that?